PDA

View Full Version : car jacking attempt

Nick VR4
21-07-2003, 05:26 PM
found this on the MLR off Scooby
Just be careful guys they may just think VR4 are the mutts nuts too
I have a old steering lock in the back
Maybe I move it to the passangers footwell :D

Stolen Evo ? Now!!!!INSERT INTO post VALUES (from scoobynet)
Well you go through life thinking it will never happen, but it has...

I came back from Newcastle in my UK MY00+PPP and I noticed I was being folloed by a silver EVO VI INSERT INTO post VALUES (number plate unknown). I pulled into my road and parked up. The EVO carried on going and I thought nothing of it. I had parallel parked and left the engine running to let it cool down INSERT INTO post VALUES (thank GOD I did). Car pulls up twenty seconds later, parallel to my car. I thought somebody must want directions, but that's odd at 11.45pm on a Friday evening.

Two lads jumped out of the car and one tried the drivers door and the other tried the passenger door. Fortunately, I always lock my doors INSERT INTO post VALUES (don't let ANYONE tell you you're being paranoid!). They both tried the back doors and had no joy. "Open the ****ing door" one of them shouted. I put it in first and floored it, while they tried to smash the back window - they didn't manage it.

They didn't try to chase me and made their escape. My wife dialled 999 and the police came immediately. I would like to say:

1) Thank you to the ****ers for not boxing me in properly INSERT INTO post VALUES (it wouldn't have mattered because I would have smashed their car in to escape).

2) Thanks to the Police for being absolutely brilliant.

3) Thenks to God!

Guys, please watch out for a Silver EVO VI with at least two lads in their late teens INSERT INTO post VALUES (both white). The car is definitely stolen and I want these f*ckers nicked. If you know ANYBODY with a silver EVO especially if they are on holiday, ring them up or go round their house and find out if their car is still there etc. These f*ckers must have had the keys because the car had not been reported stolen...

BraindG
21-07-2003, 05:44 PM
yeah, read that while i was at work.... makes you think..

when im getting my windows tinted, im having the security stuff.. manchester has one of the largest car jacking statistics..

Brind
21-07-2003, 07:30 PM
I read a couple of posts like that on the MLR.
Seems they're high targets.

Luckily it is fairly quiet down here although you don't have to go far to end up in some very dodgy areas.

There isn't a great deal you can do apart from drive off, if you stand and defend yourself chances are you will end up being the one that gets done irrespective of it not being your fault.
Fine pepper and the like is ideal to throw into their faces as long as you can be careful as to not get it into your eyes too if the wind catches it.
If you get asked why you have pepper in your car by the ole bill you can simply reply you put it on your fish 'n chips when you come home from work etc.

when im getting my windows tinted
I've got black window tint all round including the front windows which is now illegal..:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'm not going to change it until/if I get stopped for having it, it will spoil the look of the car if I replace it with glass much lighter, plus it hides what you have inside to a degree.

What kind of tint are you going for Barry? are you keeping the same tint that these cars come with and get the fronts done the same or are you just going to darken it slightly and keep it :rolleyes: legal :rolleyes: ?

BraindG
21-07-2003, 08:56 PM
got to be legal.. so as dark as i can get away with :Cry1:

Spirit
22-07-2003, 12:43 AM
Damn that is scarey ! Just supports the locking of car doors when in the vehicle nowadays !

After an event like this are you worried they will still come back for the car another night ?

Pescha
22-07-2003, 06:42 AM
In New Zealand car insurance companies are starting not to insure scooby's. Some refuse too all together as they are 'high risk' vehicles to insure.... Poor b@stards!

Cheers,
Pescha!