PDA

View Full Version : Locking nuts/bolts

firefly
22-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Hello everybody!! /help

I'm about to recieve some 17" 100+/team dynamics alloys and need to get some locking/bolts.

Can anyone tell me what size I need as there seems to be no guides out there to give me a definative answer.

I was thinking of mcgard unless anyone has any other suggestions.

psbarham
22-02-2005, 09:31 PM
try halfrauds they had the ones for my v6 on the shelf for £30 so not to bad

Nick Mann
22-02-2005, 09:35 PM
Errr..... Do you not need the right shape bolt for the wheel as well as the right thread for the car? I would buy the bolts from the wheel supplier.

RED
22-02-2005, 09:41 PM
Mcgard are definitely the best. I have them on mine. Just ask the supplier for Mitsy fitment and they will give you the right length and taper. :thumbsup:

Nick Mann
22-02-2005, 09:58 PM
I bought Team Dynamics 17" alloys to replace my standard but buckled Sport rims. The wheel was almost identical, but I needed different bolts, as the taper on the wheel was different.

I would double check what the wheels need before ordering. Honest! (Just call me over-cautious?!)

SGHOM
22-02-2005, 10:05 PM
mcgaurds are simply the best !! thatchem approved, so you may get an insurance discount if you ask nicely. :scholar:

any decent stockist will have a list of the fitments for each car/wheel combination. :thumbsup:

firefly
22-02-2005, 11:27 PM
Cheers everybody!

The wheels arrive tomorrow so bit late to order the locking nuts too!!

I wanted to shop round first or maybe get them through ebay. On ebay they only list them according to the cars they fit so I don't suppose anyone out there knows what other cars the galant locking nuts also fit on to?

I went to halfords but found their guide unhelpful - it lists two mcgard products which look completely different and says that they fit galant models from 1974 onwards - not helpful I thought due to the different generations!!

Any more assistance gratefully received. Cheers

bernmc
23-02-2005, 03:04 AM
No guidance, I'm afraid, but these things definitely work. I had to get some new alloys for the wife's coupe. Key for original locking nuts snapped with one wheel to go... took me 2 days of drilling, grinding & cursing to get the piggin' thing out! Destroyed the old alloy (which fortunately didn't matter).

Polabear
23-02-2005, 08:54 AM
Mcgard are definitely the best. I have them on mine. Just ask the supplier for Mitsy fitment and they will give you the right length and taper. :thumbsup:

DITTO!!!! :thumbsup: Pete uses them also..... /yes

Spirit
23-02-2005, 11:12 AM
DITTO!!!! :thumbsup: Pete uses them also..... /yes

Correct, nothing else will do !

firefly
23-02-2005, 06:45 PM
Well I got a phone call today from wheelbase who are sending my alloys to say that they would be delayed so I was able to add mcgard locking nuts on to the bill. That'll save alot of hassle in the future.

I will try and note down the code if they have one for future reference.

Thanks for your help everyone - much appreciated. :thumbsup: