PDA

View Full Version : Removing drivers door

andydckent
23-01-2015, 04:33 PM
Hello,

Just wanted to know if there is anything difficult about removing the drivers door? What are the steps or is it a simple unbolt? The wing of the car is already off. It looks like you can disconnect the electronics under rubber bit that connects to body.

Cheers

Andy

Ghost_2008
23-01-2015, 06:10 PM
Hi Andy, I don't think the cables can be unplugged, I think it's a case of cutting.... I think?

Otherwise straight forward, disconnect the closer arm and unbolt both hinges, the door is heavy so easier with two people....

andydckent
23-01-2015, 07:04 PM
Hey, in the workshop manual it looks like there might be a connector for the wires on or within the body side where that rubber bit connects. Will see if I can confirm, would be easier.

Ghost_2008
23-01-2015, 09:41 PM
I had a spare drivers door and I'm sure the wiring loom had been cut... I think it's just a grommet... I might be wrong...

Davezj
23-01-2015, 10:28 PM
surely you must be able to take the door card off and unclip all the wires from the window switches, motor and spekers.
then pull the wires out of the door.

or the loom plugs into the ETCS box by the drivers feet might be able to unplug it there.

Nick Mann
24-01-2015, 12:38 AM
The loom unplugs inside the car, very close to where it enters to the body. That is much easier than removing the loom from the door. Then retainer strap and hinge bolts. Refitting is easier with two people due to holding the door in the right place while the hinge bolts go in.

Davezj
24-01-2015, 11:41 AM
You could put some witness scratches on the hinge and the chassis. so when the door goes back on you can line it up in exactly in the same place as was before it was removed.

andydckent
24-01-2015, 08:56 PM
OK this removal went pretty smoothly. There is indeed a connector for the wiring that can be unclipped. This is located in the drivers footwell on the right hand side.

Nick Mann
25-01-2015, 01:05 AM
On all four doors it is just inside the car, slightly forward of the rubber tube from the door, behind a plastic trim panel. Sorry if I was vague in my first post.