PDA

View Full Version : FS: NZ: Chrome strutbrace

mpau009
23-02-2005, 12:20 AM
Hi guys, i bought this chrome strutbrace for my 97 legnum, but much to my horror, it only fits the new shape 2000+ models, so i'm stuck with it, in my closet for the last 8 months. I'm keen to get rid of it, i'm in the auckland area, but will organise freight at buyers expense.

Make me an offer of $20min, the quicker the better.
Any Q's ring 09-4167911, or 0211095636

Check out the photo, would make an awesome addition to any galant or legnum, but please make sure that it will fit your requirements.

Kenneth
23-02-2005, 12:23 AM
are there any benefits of this brace over the stock brace?

mpau009
08-03-2005, 09:35 AM
Umm, i doubt it, it does have a slightly raised bracket setup, but who knows, i bought it as i have a V6 nonturbo, which don't come with a standard brace (plus its shiney :thumbsup: )

Nick Mann
08-03-2005, 02:22 PM
Why doesn't it fit? The strut brace on the VR4 looks the same for pre and post facelift?

mpau009
09-03-2005, 04:11 AM
Why doesn't it fit? The strut brace on the VR4 looks the same for pre and post facelift?

Apparently the facelift model has a slightly higher bonnet curve, so on my 97 the brackets of the brace meant that the bonnet was about 5-10mm shy of closing without flexing the bonnet, but where the VR4 brace is exactly the same this after market one is designed only for the newer (apparently 2000+) models

i3ooyah
09-03-2005, 04:19 AM
how about putting some washers on ur bonnet bolts? raising the bonnet & helping cool down the engine?

would you be interested in swapping with my 97 legnum strut bar providing urs will fit on mine? as i dont have the standard bonnet on my car so maybe it'll fit

mpau009
09-03-2005, 07:48 PM
[QUOTE=i3ooyah]how about putting some washers on ur bonnet bolts? raising the bonnet & helping cool down the engine?

- iv thought about a number of things, but my car's basically standard, and it would have looked a bit weird on a stock STR, so in the end, i just went to a wreckers and picked up a standard VR4 one.

As for your offer, i'm just keen to get rid of it, so if you can put it to good use you're welcome to it, iv had it in my room of my parents house for over 10 months now, so send me some details, and we'll get in touch. i suppose it should be the same for anyone else in the Auckland area.

The main thing is to get it on to a car, not to have someone else try to sell it on for profit.