PDA

View Full Version : Possible to wind down window without power?

andydckent
29-01-2015, 02:43 PM
OK quick question. Is it possible to wind down the drivers side front window without power? I have removed my old door with the window up but want to try and salvage wind deflector and clips so believe the window has to be down.

Thanks

Andy

Davezj
29-01-2015, 03:14 PM
not that I know of, but you can unscrew the window from the runner of the regulator and take the glass out. the window has to be down to do this though.

you could unbolt the window regulator from the door but I can't remember if the glass has to be out for you to do that anyway.
sorry I can be any more help, you could always connect the door back up to the car.

andydckent
29-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Thanks, connecting back up to the car might be slightly tricky balancing act but might give it a go.

Pugme
29-01-2015, 04:59 PM
If you have a spare battery and some wire, I'm sure the switch would only require a positive and negative touched to the right pins and the window would work? Maybe

andydckent
29-01-2015, 05:08 PM
Yeah I thought that as well. Can I just wire a battery straight in?

SEAN-NZ
30-01-2015, 02:14 AM
i have needed to wind a wondow up on a mazda familia, just connect battery power to motor, if it doesnt go down, change the contacts around, on the mazda, it was just 2 pins, and the switch would just change what pin was pos and neg, possibly the same for your door