PDA

View Full Version : Ayc light on after work on car?

bungle
30-01-2015, 05:34 PM
I have just had some welding work done on my car. Part of the work involved removing the black box at the rear drivers side of the car ( the clutch pack for the ayc I think??) to re-plate the steel which it is connected to. When this was done and the pipes disconnected there was some ATF fluid spilt. Upon topping up to max in the boot reservoir only 250ml ish was used so I dont think that much was lost, but the car was driven about 7-10 miles max before the system was topped up, could this cause problems? As the ayc light now comes on but only after driving a short distance. I was hoping someone could give me some ideas as a search has brought up a few threads but no real answers. Could it be that the pipes have not been tightened up properly?

adaxo
30-01-2015, 05:36 PM
Probably needs proper bleeding via evoscan if not damage is done already.

bungle
30-01-2015, 05:57 PM
Damage in what way? Can you do the bleeding with the evoscan I thought it was only possible with the MUT II tool?

adaxo
30-01-2015, 06:07 PM
Damage in what way? Can you do the bleeding with the evoscan I thought it was only possible with the MUT II tool?

Yes you can via evoscan and tactrix cable, air in the system is not good for solenoids it may not **** up it straight away but deffo didn't prolong life of it either.

bungle
30-01-2015, 06:45 PM
Ah cool that is good to know I thought that was gonna be an expensive trip to the dealers to change that oil, didn't realise that you could do it. The car has only done about 15 miles max since this happened so hopefully not too much damage done but I was hoping to start using the car as of Monday as Ive just got a clean MOT cert today :thumbsup: so is it more than likely that disconnecting the box has brought air into the system?

TAR
30-01-2015, 11:14 PM
check the electrical connections to the AYC pump (the black box) to ensure they are properly connected. Also check that they were not damaged by the heat of the welding.

:happy:

bungle
31-01-2015, 02:52 PM
Cheers will have a look when I get the car back Monday, also the battery was replaced so I'll check that the relay has not been affected.

bungle
04-02-2015, 11:52 PM
All sorted. Cheers TAR. It was the connections he said one was completely corroded when he took the box down so he replaced it. Then I took the car out for a spin the back end kicked out, due to the ice of course /yes, and the ayc just kicked in and has been working ever since. Gonna get under the car tomorrow and check all the connections properly. Also the box was not disconnected the spillage was from the reservoir, so hopefully no air issues but still need to get the AYC system properly bled and if you've got time adaxo.