PDA

View Full Version : What's it worth?

madmac
13-02-2015, 06:39 PM
Just testing the water ATM as I haven't found a replacement car yet. I have a 97 Pre-facelift VR4 5sp manual that I bought from Turboshaz on here about 5 years ago and i'm considering selling it to get an Evo Wagon (when I find the right one) but I have no idea what the Legnum is worth to be honest. it's not without its faults being 18 years old but it drives and handles great and has never let me down. Bad points is AYC pump, AC needs re-gassed - not that we need it up here in Scotland, rear arches are rusty due to them having been rolled and the paint cracked so no internal rot, just surface rust but both quarters need painted. There's lacquer peeling on the front wing and the front bumper is cracked and a few other simple repair items like the tailgate handle is siezed with lack of use. Good points is it has a SS exhaust and aftermarket downpipes, good tyres on 17"rims, 4 new discs/pads, new clutch and all fluids changed last week. Mileage is 141k km then 15k miles (in 5 years). I love driving her and it always puts a smile on my face but i feel after 5 years it's time to move on. It's never let me down other than the odd puncture! It has a Nardi Torino steering wheel and a carbon effect centre dash panel, & backlit dash which I believe are factory option items?

Would I get more breaking as it's a rare manual version, or would it still have a good value to sell complete? I've not kept my eye on the Legnum market so I really don't know! There would be no issues with it going through a fresh MOT if i sold it complete.

/thankyou

TAR
14-02-2015, 09:43 PM
Even the best kept cars are not worth an awful lot. It sounds as if it will need quite a few small repairs, the most expensive is probably the AYC pump. Someone who is handy with the spanners and doesn't mind getting their hands dirty would probably want it as its a manual. I wouldn't want to quote you a value on the thread as it mayinfluence prospective buyers.

I'll send you a PM.

:happy: