PDA

View Full Version : WTB BE - full sidewind deflector kit

avander_be
23-02-2005, 10:49 AM
Hi all,

I've been looking at some after market sidewind deflector kits ( you know those kinda little spoilers fitted on front and back windows of many Legnums, i've heard someone call these 'Monsoon guards' too), but they don't look as nice as the original ones... so if someone threw them off i'd be happy to take them over... go on make my day :)

Big Ian
23-02-2005, 11:33 AM
rare as a rare thing on a rare day!! :rolleyes4 /help

avander_be
23-02-2005, 07:21 PM
i said 'make' my day not 'brake' my day... :embarasse

Gly
23-02-2005, 07:46 PM
like whats on mine??
(car in my sig) you want them for a wagon or sedan??

if you want i could ask my local mitsi wreaker here in NZ for a price?

avander_be
23-02-2005, 10:22 PM
like whats on mine??
(car in my sig) you want them for a wagon or sedan??

if you want i could ask my local mitsi wreaker here in NZ for a price?

Yes that's exactly it, i have a wagon too, i have some pictures in my member profile, so it definitly is the kit for the wagon that i'm looking for...

TIA

Gly
24-02-2005, 05:23 AM
ok, ill ring the wreakers tomorrow.. got home to late,
and a rough price on P&P, & see if its worth it to you

Big Ian
24-02-2005, 07:15 AM
word of advice :happy:

Gly,if you have to take them off yourself...they are a nightmare to get off!

you need direct heat on to them (lot's of it)
ive tried to get set's for my saloon from 2 different breaker's (the first place broke 2, 1 fornt and 1 rear!)
2nd time i went my self to try get a set off,i took a small keetle that work's from the cigar lighter :smug: so as to heat water and pour it on to loosen the bond.. :embarasse goto the breaker's and found that the car was an estate! (the rear's dont fit a saloon) heated my keetle up started pouring it over one and easing it away gentley,i got half way along and no prob's,then i needed more water..when i was waiting for the water to boil the guy in the breaker's gave the half off one a pull and broke it :rolleyes4 :evil2: ...i never seen him i only heard him say "did you need this one?,stupid "FKR" /grr !!

Good luck (maybe you'll find a breaker with gentle hand's :inquisiti )

avander_be
24-02-2005, 10:33 AM
scottish ian > were you able to refit them to your car after removal ( more or less succesfull i understand) at the breakers? How did you fit them, re-glued i guess?

The glue would explain why the after market models are less esthetic because they are kinda clipsed in the space where the glass of the window hits the door styles, so there's always a gap between front and rear...

pezza
24-02-2005, 10:52 AM
They are a real ~#@%$ to take off. I used heat gun to prise of they will come off if patient and careful... it should not break... (unless the metal clips are not taken out beforehand :rolleyes4 )

I am not sure what kind of adhesive they use at mitsubishi but its unbelievably strong... The residue it leaves is difficult to shift too but it will come off after time too.. again needs heat...

I took mine off my wagon as I prefer the look without... mainly because it just stops at the passenger window.... I think the deflectors look much better on the saloon and they are narrower too... They are hardly visible on the SALOON (http://www.pbase.com/frog/image/37452744)

Hmm any excuse to post up a pic of this car again... yum!

I wonder how much a brand new set from mistu cost :rolleyes4

Big Ian
24-02-2005, 12:20 PM
i'm still looking for a set :embarasse
thought it would be pointless only having 2 or 3 that are not broke.
i'm not 100%...but i dont think you can buy them anymore from Mitsubishi?
Sean (P-Bear) i think had a hell of a time trying to get 1,as some little $h!t broke one of his?

zedy1
24-02-2005, 11:14 PM
ive got a set for sale make me an offer?

Gly
25-02-2005, 04:40 AM
full set is $240NZ + P&P if you interested