PDA

View Full Version : switches below mirror switch

billybobboot
15-02-2015, 01:08 PM
Can anyone tell me what would be in the gap below the front fog and mirror switch but above the little cubby hole. Ive got a blank bit of plastic with my rear fog switch in but i have to plugs a yellow and a blue one going to nothing. Is it for heated seats or traction control. As i have the plugs there can i add what ever should be there?

Nick Mann
15-02-2015, 01:42 PM
The normal switches there are traction control and heated front screen (Where the wipers sit only). There is also a parking pole switch available there. There is no point fitting the switches if you don't have the rest of the systems.

billybobboot
21-02-2015, 08:54 AM
No wont bother didnt know what they were thats all thanks

Davezj
22-02-2015, 12:44 AM
i second nick comments,

i have traction control switch and heat front screen/heated wing mirror switch there. only PFL have traction control option. cold spec cars had the heated wing mirror/screen and 120A alternator. normal VR4 did not have these features.

by the way you have to have the heated rear screen on for the heated mirror/front screen to work, even though the mirror/screen switch will light up without the heated rear screen being on. very odd way of doing things, well that is the way it is in my car.

Subaru ETA
22-02-2015, 08:23 AM
I used the switched power feed from those to power my boost gauge

Nick Mann
22-02-2015, 05:04 PM
Dave - I am 90% sure that my heated mirrors work with the heated rear screen. My heated bit of the front screen works independently from its own switch.

Davezj
22-02-2015, 07:46 PM
Dave - I am 90% sure that my heated mirrors work with the heated rear screen. My heated bit of the front screen works independently from its own switch.

really, thats interesting, i will have to try it again, i always put the on when i switched the rear screen heater on, i am sure it will be frosty tomorrow. i will try it, and see if my heated mirrors work with the rear heated screen or the front heated screen. i will report back.

Davezj
23-02-2015, 02:28 PM
well I tested the heated mirrors today and like nick said they heat up with the rear screen switch, and all these years I have been switching on the front screen heater to get them to come on. I replaced my front screen with a standard screen, no heater elements in the bottom of the screen as the heated screen cracked after a big stone chip. so that switch I have been turn on in cold weather does not do anything. I insulated the bear wires that were left after the screen had been cut out, so I now have a high current supply on a switch doing nothing. Hmm I wonder what I could use that for.....

just shows you can learn something new every day.