PDA

View Full Version : Kill switch

alexander-a
21-02-2015, 09:48 PM
For the extra paranoid of us is installing a kill switch as simple as connecting a switch to a positive wire on the fuel pump?

Or is there a bit more to it?

Davezj
22-02-2015, 12:29 AM
you can cut into any number of wires to stip the car starting.

there is no reason why you should not do it.

you can cut into the,
fuel pump power
crank sensor
cam sensor
throttle position/baro sensor power feed
there are alsorts of sensor that would stop the car from starting.

you just have to read the instuction manual for an immobiliser and that will list the good ones to use.

on and old style ingition system with a coil and distributer the -Ve low voltage supply to the coil was always a good one to use.

oh and as for mounting a hidden swith, i would not both hiding it. just use a factory switch that is ot doing anything say a fog light switch or a heated mirror switch. if you use a factory switch it would be difficult for someone to find it, where as a hidden switch, funnily enough can be found very easily. you have to be able to flick the switch from the drivers seat so a quick run round of you finger in the dash and you find a switch it is going to be pressed. but it is up to you which sensor system you cut into and where you mount the switch.

alexander-a
25-02-2015, 03:14 AM
I never thought to use a factory switch. My cars all have immobilisers anyway but a little extra security is nice. My civic and galant might have traction control soon