PDA

View Full Version : New Legnum owner

smar1234
09-03-2015, 05:30 PM
Hi Guys (and Ladies?)

Located in the North East of Scotland and this is my first post on here, glad to be part of the club.
Now the proud owner of a 1997 Legnum in Pearlescent White.
Engine runs real sweet and a surprising turn of speed along with really tight handling, i love it.

But....Ive taken a huge risk as i didnt research this type of car and its possible faults. Saw the pics on Ebay and the heart totally overruled the head.
Didn't take on any of the advice thats listed here for checking out the car and just hoping that things work out ok...but i have worries already...especially the vibration thats evident sometimes on a trailing/light throttle around 40-50mph. (I was devastated to read that exact problem to look out for in the buying guide...oh well...)
Can't believe i turned into one of those guys that ive always tried to advise when about to jump at a car without checking everything out before hand but whats done is done.

I'm intending to take care of my car and will get round to doing any work that it needs done. Rear anti-roll bar drop links replaced so far.
(Just hoping it doesnt come to replacing the gearbox which is my biggest worry).
So not only a Newbie but an impulsive one, what have i let myself in for...

Slainte

mcosworth
09-03-2015, 06:48 PM
Welcome to CVR-4 Club!
I hope you enjoy the red back light climate control.
Cheers,
Mac

peter thomson
09-03-2015, 07:57 PM
Welcome to the club. There are a few here in the north east

Nick Mann
09-03-2015, 08:04 PM
/Welcome
An ATF flush with a decent sp3 could solve the shudder. I hope you enjoy the car!

smar1234
09-03-2015, 08:16 PM
Thanks Nick thats next on the list. Fingers crossed that'll work.

col1n
09-03-2015, 08:59 PM
Welcome tae the mad hoose /bananaroc