PDA

View Full Version : New member!

csicksteve
14-03-2015, 11:31 PM
Hi all I'm a new member in the Nottingham area of the uk, I own a galant 2.0 auto gls nothing sporty, but is my pride and joy! I've had an issue with the abs system and am looking for some pointers if i can, It's had both front New Bearings hub assemblies put on, front discs and pads but am getting an shudder of the abs while at traffic lights/slow moving traffic, there are no abs warning lights coming on (except for the useual on starting the car) I've had the wheels off again to give a close inspection of the reluctor rings and there are no cracks on the front ones, i've taken the ABS fuse out and the shudder stops ( there is also a pump noise which i presume is the ABS pump system as it's coming from that area

Any suggestions would be greatfully recieved :d

Nick Mann
15-03-2015, 11:39 AM
I'm not sure if it works on a UK spec car, but evoscan will show wheel speeds on a VR4, so you can log the data and look for any abnormalities.

csicksteve
15-03-2015, 09:47 PM
Many thanks ...just been wondering if i've a hairline crack in abs ring as it doesn't do it when the car is cold, might just replace them as a process of elimination and as the car's origional home was 14 years on the coast so would have been open to alot of salt air, and most things are siezed !!

I've found a recommended Auto Electrition about 10 miles away so will give him a call too it the ring replacement doesn't work

as with all car faults start with the obvious nessesary repairs and work through the cheapest options first ( cos you always kick yourself after spending a huge amount to find out it was a cheap sender or relay )!!

Nick Mann
15-03-2015, 11:29 PM
Heh! Yep, sounds like you have a plan.

Bender
17-03-2015, 09:18 AM
Welcome to ClubVR4