PDA

View Full Version : ECU remap

carfanatic
22-03-2015, 09:34 PM
Hello again all. I spoke of this a little while ago, talk of someone in the club may be able to do it but it seems not. So, I have had a conversation and they have recommended that an AEM, ( A something Engine Management)perhaps? is fitted, any ideas what this is and what it should cost. I have had a quote but seems a little OTT for my liking and I don't scare easily. Colin

Nick Mann
23-03-2015, 12:40 AM
It sounds like they are talking about an ecu swap not a remap. I don't know the pricing on AEM stuff but for a decent standalone ecu plus fitting and mapping you are probably looking at close to a couple of grand.

carfanatic
23-03-2015, 08:41 PM
Hi Nick,
thanks for the info, you are quite right it's £1300 just for the unit, although I can get one from the states for around £900. However I have no intention of replacing the the current ecu. I will most definitely consider having a boost and gauge fitted if I cannot locate a reliable source for a re-mapp. Colin.

adaxo
23-03-2015, 08:53 PM
Hi Nick,
thanks for the info, you are quite right it's £1300 just for the unit, although I can get one from the states for around £900. However I have no intention of replacing the the current ecu. I will most definitely consider having a boost and gauge fitted if I cannot locate a reliable source for a re-mapp. Colin.

Yep, seems like you getting there, AFR and boost gauges are IMO bare minimum to fit PRE mapping.

Pugme
23-03-2015, 10:15 PM
Would eurospec not be able to do a tweaked map onto your oem ecu with evoscan? Or evoflash or whatever it was John did for me and others?

carfanatic
23-03-2015, 10:39 PM
Pugme do you know i never even thought of Eurospec, but I expect they could. i'll be in touch with them once I have a boosty fitted. Many thanks C