PDA

View Full Version : WTB PFL = Bonnet and Front Crash Bar

jaspa
30-03-2015, 11:49 AM
I've already managed to have a dong in my legnum /Hissy.

Bonnet is bent and it looks like the front crash bar has pushed back maybe an inch so I'm after both of these. Preferably the bonnet in Trigger mauve and it's for a PFL Legnum if that makes a difference.

I can probably collect in the SE but if further away, Postage would be preferable.

For clarity, The part I'm after is the section that the bonnet catch bolts onto in this pic (shamelessly stolen from elsewhere on CVR4)
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=53103&d=1335967248

Thanks in advance.

Stuart

Tam
30-03-2015, 12:16 PM
hi Stuart,

I have a PFL bonnet but unfortunately its Hamilton Silver and im over in Northern Ireland. If you really start struggling to get one its just tucked up in my garage as i have put a FL one on and i think they look better for it.

Marc

AncientOfMu
30-03-2015, 12:32 PM
The part in the photo you require will either a) have to be cut from a doner car or b) purchased from a spare panels place. I think you can get some replacement panels from a company in Germany but I cant remember their name.

The replacement panel will have to be welded to the front of the car.
Hope this helps

Cheers

Don

jaspa
30-03-2015, 01:03 PM
Oh bugger, That's Don.

It looked like it bolted in when I took a very quick look on saturday and I've got the diagram from the EPC too so just assumed, ah well. I can get it welded in I guess.

Thanks

Stuart

Davezj
30-03-2015, 01:25 PM
pictures of the damage would be much easier look at,

just clarify for all reading this thread, which part in the picture is the bit you want, i presume it is the top bit. is this correct.

if it is just the bonnet catch id pushed in a bit i am sure a hammer and dolly could push it back out, or is it the full front that is pushed in, all the bits around the lights grill and bonnet catch.

jaspa
30-03-2015, 03:34 PM
Hi Dave,

You are right, Pics would be useful and I'm hoping to catelogue some this evening if it stays dry for a change.

if it is just the bonnet catch id pushed in a bit i am sure a hammer and dolly could push it back out, or is it the full front that is pushed in, all the bits around the lights grill and bonnet catch.

It's most of the way across, Where the lights connect is probably pushed back around an inch on both sides. it's was a straight on collision into the rear of another car so fairly square if that makes sense. Pics incoming shortly. :)

Stuart

Erni902
30-03-2015, 05:12 PM
I've already managed to have a dong in my legnum /Hissy.

:stop: :rulez:

This is a family forum Stuart

:huh2: :jester:

TAR
30-03-2015, 09:43 PM
I have a PFL bonnet but its Hamilton Silver.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

:happy:

Davezj
31-03-2015, 12:13 AM
Hi Dave,

You are right, Pics would be useful and I'm hoping to catelogue some this evening if it stays dry for a change.

It's most of the way across, Where the lights connect is probably pushed back around an inch on both sides. it's was a straight on collision into the rear of another car so fairly square if that makes sense. Pics incoming shortly. :)

Stuart

sound like the prong i had in my original black VR4, the damage i had on mine was as follows.
both lights
grill
bonnet
bumper
all scratched up on the top.

no major metalwork required it all pulled outby hand.

but the insurance company still wrote it off as a cat D.

i bought it back and broke it for parts.
but the rear end bodywork was not very good it had had both rear quaers replaced at some point not very well. so it was not a heart breaking decision to make for me.

jaspa
31-03-2015, 08:19 AM
It does indeed sound similar, I could easily bend the metal back into shape but am loath to do so because of the added weakness.

I had a very quick look by torch light last night and am confident after speaking to my Welder contact that we can cut out and easily replace. I just need to find a suitable front end and guess a roadtrip with an angle grinder may be in order :)

Davezj
31-03-2015, 12:03 PM
Try a mitsi I dealer direct, you might be surprised at the cost, as it will be generic part that fit both jap imports and uk spec galants. It might have to be ordered but it might not be that expensive. I imagine it would be a common part for a body shop to replace.
It is worth a try and only costs a phone call. Always nicer to weld rust free fresh metal.

jaspa
16-04-2015, 06:39 PM
Not managed to finish work in time to speak to mitsi yet, but can someone sanity check this link for me: Amazon link (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Prasco-MB0763200-Front-Cowling/dp/B00DYVDXTC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429205447&sr=8-1&keywords=MR296725)

It says it's the same part number as the one I posted above which I found from japancars.ru using the filters:
Model: LEGNUM
Modification: 2500/4WD [EC5W]
Classification: VR-4 TYPE-S,5FM/T [LNGF]
Area: Япония (Japan)

And the part information: MR241972 / SUPPORT ASSY,HEADLAMP / Period:*1996.06.1 - 1999.01.1 / Replaced:*MR296725

The amazon advert says that it is not suitable for my model but then it can't find my reg (probably due to being an import) so I'm selecting the dropdowns manually.

If this is the correct part #, I think I've just become a very happy chappy

Thanks in advance.

Stuart

Nick Mann
16-04-2015, 08:27 PM
I'm pretty sure that is the one. I wouldn't bet on it without knowing a bit more, but it looks spot on.

jaspa
17-04-2015, 04:57 PM
Thanks Nick, that was my thinking too.

Bought it so I'll report back after the 13th May when it is due to be delivered.

Thanks for your help in this.

Stuart

Nick Mann
17-04-2015, 05:00 PM
Splendid. Good luck. I'll be nearly as disappointed as you if it doesn't fit!

jaspa
15-06-2015, 09:01 AM
Good news, It does indeed fit.

Not 100% perfect but a little manipulation (:smash:) and it's on. some of the captive nuts don't line up with the drill holes 100% so I'm slowly attacking that with a dremel as and when I get a spare 10minutes and my back holds out.

I have pics, will put up in a different thread once complete :thumbsup:

In other news, I collected lights, centre grill and bonnet from a chap breaking on Ebay. All I knew was that it was not silver (which the colour of the car used on the advert was). rocked up and it's only the colour of my car. Over the moon :D