PDA

View Full Version : WTB ELectric Window Switch and Wind deflectors

Buck_Geraint
17-04-2015, 09:10 PM
Hello all,

I am looking for a drivers electric window switch panel. I have a drivers window switch that doesn't work properly so I am looking for the whole unit. It must be in mint condition as mine is perfect except the auto up doesn't work on the drivers window.

any one got one ??

I am also looking for a full set of wind deflectors (i Know they are like hens teeth) Why hasn't anyone decided to make a copy and start selling them yet !! COuld make a mint ??

Cheers

Geraint

MYKEY
17-04-2015, 10:00 PM
Have you tried removing it and checking for dry solder joints ? that's how I fixed mine when the whole drivers side control was playing up.

Nick Mann
17-04-2015, 11:09 PM
Is it a black surround or a beige surround? I think the switches are all black regardless though.

Buck_Geraint
18-04-2015, 03:51 PM
Hi,

it is a black surround with black buttons.

I havent checked for dry solder but could that be the case. it does open fully with full depress of the button but doesnt go up fully by itself with one full uplift of the button. I have to keep the button lifted while the window closes.

Regards

Geraint

Davezj
18-04-2015, 05:18 PM
Have you tried all the windows?
If it is just the one window that will not do the auto up it could be the following issue.

My guess would be the slide track the window sits in are hold the glass to tight and the safety trap you hand in the Window feature is kicking in .
You could try spraying the window slides in the door frame with silicone spray that usually works for stuff like this.

Buck_Geraint
18-04-2015, 08:34 PM
Hmmm I haven't tried that but it does feel different. As when you pull or push the working buttons on the other 3 window switches that there is a slight click if using the Auto down or up function. This doesn't happen on the driver window switch that I am having the problem with !!