PDA

View Full Version : No sound?

cwgt93
18-04-2015, 06:30 PM
So I took out my aftermarket stereo as it was getting dated. Connected up and slotted in my new shiny one only to find there is no sound! Boo. There is power on the stereo and the display is all good just no sound. I plugged back in my old stereo and there is no sound on this either. Any ideas? They are both aftermarket Sony cd players with now no sound on either so I'm certain it's not the stereos. Thanks.

cwgt93
19-04-2015, 12:22 PM
I've been through the wires and doesn't appear to be a loose one. I've read things about amplifiers possibly causing problems? Also, is there a fuse for the speakers?

Bobby~d
19-04-2015, 02:51 PM
Do you have an amp installed? If yes you could check the fuse on it and also ensure the remote wire from the HU is connected to it. The remote wire from the HU sends a signal to the amp when you turn on the HU which in turn turns the amp on. You could also check your RCA jacks. Please note this is you have an amp installed with your HU. I think it is highly unlikely that both of your Head units are bad.

cwgt93
19-04-2015, 07:26 PM
Finally sorted it today, turned out it was a bad wire so just put in a new one. Now I have the smaller yet annoying issue of that my aerial now pops up whether I'm listening to the radio or not. Any ideas how I can make the aerial only come up when I select the radio like my old one did?