PDA

View Full Version : ayc seems to be very easy to come on after rebulid.

billybobboot
18-04-2015, 11:33 PM
My legnum ayc use to turn off red light on constant. anything over 8deg outside temp.
Ive rebuilt the pump had both solenoid ends replaced as 1 was broken and 1 slight crack.
The car is all bolted back up and system bleed.
My car use to be semi hard to get ayc lights to come on now sence rebuild it seams to pick upon 1 bar very easy without really trying like going round a small round about or semi tight bend.
2 bars will flick on at faster harder speeds not got 3 bars yet infact i never have.
Anyways does this seem right? Just seems a bit to easy.
Also any other way of knowing if ayc is working ok.

Nick Mann
19-04-2015, 07:44 AM
Mismatched tyres or even slightly different tyre pressures can cause premature ayc lightage. One of my front tyres has been dropping around 1psi a week over winter and at week 5 I start getting a single bar on roundabouts or dual carriageway slip roads when I don't normally. That is on 4 identical tyres with identical tread wear.

Erni902
19-04-2015, 10:50 AM
I agree with Nick, mismatched tyres can play havoc with the green bars. I had different tyres on the front than i did on the rear a few years ago and on a newly surfaced/very smooth road in a straight line I would get 1 constant bar of ayc. Changed them to match and all was good.

billybobboot
19-04-2015, 03:43 PM
All tyres are the same all at 34psi as i had done them after fitting pump same as a 6k oil change with 3 flushes due too oil cooler.
As said it seams to be working as the pump before couldn't really hold pressure. It maybe now working normal.

TAR
19-04-2015, 09:16 PM
it should take some effort to get the lights up.

How did you bleed the system? I think this can happen if there is air in the system.

:happy:

billybobboot
20-04-2015, 11:21 AM
Did it using diagnostic as my system will let me do it via odb port.
Im sure its fine as ive not got the ayc red light come on with any errors sence rebuild even at warm tems as it use to come on after being in the garage for 10 mins.
Its not coming on by just turning left or right but im just not 100% sure if its acutaly working or working properly.
Ive not got 3 bars but ive not driven it that hard but i never got 3 bars before as i havent driven it hard enought. Its just come up with 1 bar going round a 45 degree left then right in a town when doing about 25.
As said it might be fine and just me being paranoid sence the re build as it was me that did it. And as it didnt work properly before and being the only car ive driven with ayc as the evo i drove had lsds instead of ayc as was modded before drove it.
As said may all be fine and just me not understanding the system. As air in the system wouldnt get the pressure high enough to make it work and bring the red ayc light on

billybobboot
20-04-2015, 11:28 AM
Forgot to add sence the ayc as been rebuild it has also had my sound system put in the spare wheel hole but spare removed so weight should be sim or at least in same place.

billybobboot
21-04-2015, 06:37 PM
Def me being a tit.
Seams ok think it was as i was tyring to make it work so i could check it was just seamed to come on a bit easy but gone back to driving normally and now been used for a few days seams to be far better and settled down.

Nick Mann
21-04-2015, 10:40 PM
Find a slip road or a sweeping curve, go in to it at a slowish pace and then nail the loud pedal a bit earlier than you think you should. That seems to be the easiest way of getting three lights up!

billybobboot
22-04-2015, 09:22 PM
Yer i did this on a few bends then took fuse out did it once and ran to jam the fuse back in. Its def working! Was me just got use to it not working except in cold as it very quickly went from working under 12deg to only working under 7deg so i just got use to it being rubbish as was a bit slippy on roads now there dry and its working its a diffrent car hopfully with the new brdgestone re002 it should be even better as i love those tyres.

billybobboot
22-04-2015, 09:24 PM
+ i now have a lsd front diff so its now not loosing the grip on the front deceded these cars are as much fun as evos but with a lower buying tag. Got to say im loving it so glad going on a driving weekend soon.