PDA

View Full Version : ecu fuel cut anyone help move it

billybobboot
25-04-2015, 08:13 PM
hi guys just wondered if anyone is able to move my fuel cut from just over .9-1 bar to 1.2-1.3 bar? its really starting to anoy me that dead on 1 bar the fuel cut kickes in as my car is mapped on the f-con at 1 bar but it the temp drops a little from 15-16 deg it kicks it in really bugging me as I can just do a simple tune after my boost controller got knocked and the points moved as trying to map it just wacks the fuel cut in if it creeps to even 1.01 bar.

the boost controller has a built in cut point and I have a boost limiter on the boost pipes have a adjustable releife valve in so there is no chance of a spike.

I don't wanna put it up so high it wont work just move it to 1.2 so it will protect the engine if everything elts fails but I can still run 1 bar at spring like the weather is no where its dry but a bit cooler.

I have a usb to odb cable but no program. unless I can by a program to do it,

I don't think its on the f-con but I would be wrong if the only way is to remap the f-con or use a fcd it will have to be a fcd but as running piggy back and not stand aloan setting its more likely to be the stock ecu causing the prob.

and no I can unplug the f-con to then test as I don't have an air flow meter anymore to do that.

Davezj
25-04-2015, 08:41 PM
where you based in the UK that might be a start, then anyone in the area can offer there services.

billybobboot
26-04-2015, 07:54 AM
Dunstable.

billybobboot
26-04-2015, 07:55 AM
+ i know the later ecus are map able but if its an early on can it still be done.

Erni902
26-04-2015, 08:44 AM
As far as I know mate early 7201 ecu's are now fine to be flashed (i could be wrong its just from what i remember reading on here). I do know that at the very least it can have fuel cut moved and CEL on knock configured.

Davezj
26-04-2015, 11:32 AM
I have all the gear to flash any of the ecus 7201, 7202, 7203.
CEL on knock is only on 7202 7203 but the fuel cut can be changed on 7201.
if you want to pay me a visit in manchester at some point then i am happy to change it for you, or find someone closer.

i am not into remapping other peoples cars but i am happy to flash any map you like to your car if you want to provide one.
you can edit your own map with ecuFlash all the stock maps are available on the forum in various places you can open it edit it and i can flash it to your car.

disclaimer:-
This would be all at your own risk obviously, if you do something wrong with the map then it is your respnsibility as to the damage it causes.

Erni902
26-04-2015, 11:54 AM
CEL on knock is only on 7202 7203 but the fuel cut can be changed on 7201.

Aha I stand corrected, I thought CEL was available on the 7201.

swinks
26-04-2015, 12:40 PM
James, if your vr4 has HKS F-Con then I would recommend to check out if it's not one of the settings in F-Con. Close to your location is Eurospec in Guildford. If you do any change into stock ecu rom you will have to re-do also programming F-Con on dyno.

billybobboot
26-04-2015, 01:54 PM
Im going to remap the car at some point but now bp is 97 not 98 oct its not going to be soon.
Its all abit anoying as the fuel cut is right after 1bar where its mapped ok mid spring on high boost when its warmer but weather like now thats not hot but not cold i still cant run full boost but ground is dry enough to run full boost.
Im going on a drive to lake district in may and dont wanna be in the position of only running .7 bar low boost just coz the ecus are fuel cut at 1.01.
Shouldnt need to remap the fcon if its just boost cut thats being moved as the maps not being played with just the boost level cut.
If its not easy to do it will have to stay just didnt know if it was an easy thing to change.

The fcon is amazing but its a pain not being able to do anything unless by a hks tuner.

I think im going to get the fcon to run standaloan when i next get it done once turbos are on.
Was going to get remaped to run on bp fuel but not doing that so will be when td04s go on and if i can be assed the cams as same time as belt was only done 10k ago nearly 2 years. So will do it next year bu then all the rest of car will be done.

billybobboot
26-04-2015, 01:57 PM
Also at £500 a remap its not a cheap job just for the sake of moving a fuel cut.

billybobboot
26-04-2015, 01:58 PM
+ want a bit of paper that has 300bhp on hehe as will be one of the few cars on stock turbos and cams on normal fuel running 300bhp.