PDA

View Full Version : steering wheel boss

billybobboot
28-04-2015, 06:52 PM
Wil an evi 8 fit thats designed with a central screw not the ones that have a grab ring round it.

Reason i ask is its the only one i have found thats got a nice smooth metal body that works with the stock srs ring. But not sure if the thread for the wheel is the same.
Its only 50 so may buy it and pray after.

Nick Mann
28-04-2015, 07:22 PM
I think the spline design changed between evo 6 and 7. So evo 4, 5, 6 stuff fits. I also think that FTO stuff fits too.

billybobboot
28-04-2015, 09:32 PM
Yer was the spline i was thinking more of but somewhere i read they changed from centre bolt to clamp so thought this maybe the change.
Shame as its just what i was looking for.

billybobboot
28-04-2015, 09:35 PM
Confustion come as some say evo 4-8 others say 4-6 and other 7-9 and some evo 8

billybobboot
28-04-2015, 09:46 PM
The evo 7-9 use a pinch bolt. The one im looking at claims to be non pinch bolt type so may fit.

billybobboot
28-04-2015, 09:50 PM
Right from info i can find.
Evo 4-6 use centre bolt (non pinch bolt type)
Evo 4-9 rs use centre bolt (non pinch bolt type)
Most evo7+ use pinch bolt type.
On info i bought the kit well see what happens will update if fits i can see a rush on these. There omp evo 8 airbag steering wheel hub kits there solid on outside with taper in unlike the mono with a rubber sleeve over the top.

billybobboot
30-04-2015, 10:39 AM
Ok i think someone needs to make this more clear or turn into a sticky or something.

EVERYBODY WITH A LEGNUM PRF (MAY FIT FL) CAN CHANGE THERE STEERING WHEEL TO AFTERMARKET WITH NO MODS.
YOU NEED EVO 8 RS NON I REPEAT NON PINCH BOLT TYPE.
PART IS OMP OD/1960MI280A
THIS BOLTS STRAIT ON NO MODS KEEPS THE STOCK AIR BAG SQUIB WITH HORN. HAS FULL METAL SUROUND NOT LIKE THE MOMO ONES AND COMES WITH WIRE TO TURN OUT AIRBAG LIGHT.

IT FITS ALL EVO 4-9 RS (NON PINCH BOLT) ITS A DIRECT FIT.
SO NO MORE NEED TO ASK WHICH TO BUY JUST GET THIS ONE.
Hope this helps

Nick Mann
30-04-2015, 11:20 AM
Good info. Personally I don't want to delete the air bag, but for all those who do it's good info.

Erni902
04-10-2015, 01:23 PM
Ok i think someone needs to make this more clear or turn into a sticky or something.

EVERYBODY WITH A LEGNUM PRF (MAY FIT FL) CAN CHANGE THERE STEERING WHEEL TO AFTERMARKET WITH NO MODS.
YOU NEED EVO 8 RS NON I REPEAT NON PINCH BOLT TYPE.
PART IS OMP OD/1960MI280A
THIS BOLTS STRAIT ON NO MODS KEEPS THE STOCK AIR BAG SQUIB WITH HORN. HAS FULL METAL SUROUND NOT LIKE THE MOMO ONES AND COMES WITH WIRE TO TURN OUT AIRBAG LIGHT.

IT FITS ALL EVO 4-9 RS (NON PINCH BOLT) ITS A DIRECT FIT.
SO NO MORE NEED TO ASK WHICH TO BUY JUST GET THIS ONE.
Hope this helps

James, I have just bought the boss with the above part number and it doesnt fit over the connector protruding from the srs clock spring. How did you get around this?

billybobboot
04-10-2015, 01:36 PM
ill have a look, i have a feeling i had to cut the black plastic 90deg bit but ill look in 10 mins as im at the car in the garage so ill look as its only a case of taking my horn out to see.

Erni902
04-10-2015, 01:43 PM
Cheers mate, I was going to try that but thought I would confirm first

billybobboot
04-10-2015, 01:46 PM
James, I have just bought the boss with the above part number and it doesnt fit over the connector protruding from the srs clock spring. How did you get around this?

i was right undo the plug with the 90deg black bit on and carefully cut around it and remove just the 90deg part its the only mod you need to do. you can then just plug the end back on and the rest feeds threw the holes.

you then have 2 options the air bag cancel wires if using them can either fit inside where the nut goes or you and run it round the inside of the adapter but remember if the fuse blows youll need to change it so i just put it all in the gap between the nut and horn.

billybobboot
04-10-2015, 01:47 PM
glad my info helped, i think the boss looks far better than the momo ones with a rubber housing.

Erni902
04-10-2015, 01:51 PM
Cheers mate just about to have a bacon butty then will get right on it. Yeah going up through the middle seems to be the most sensible option.

billybobboot
04-10-2015, 01:55 PM
thats what i did as if the fise blows you just have to take the horn out, + if a plug comes undone you can see what one it was with out stripping. other than that 1 mod it should fit strait on and work with the stock ring, atleast mine did and has so far.