PDA

View Full Version : Private Parking woes

Jnic0
02-05-2015, 12:19 AM
So on Friday I parked outside of Readings Courtney for about 10 minutes in the Care Park private park, I didn't have any coins so I just decided to go in, seeing as I'd be there for a short time. As I come out, I see their enforcer put a $65 ticket on my car. I read the ticket, and it states that the ticket is 'not a fine'. So, I'm wondering, how does 10-15 minutes justify a $65 'fine', but because it's not a fine am I obliged to pay it? If anything, I'd pay them at most $15, considering that they charge $4/hour. I haven't contacted them yet (should I?)
Sigh, if only I had $1 in my coin tray.

low_vr4
04-05-2015, 12:40 AM
I'd probably just pay it and take it as a lesson learnt. Unless you are a student in which you can claim that the ticket will affect you financially whilst studying which is what i did when i was studying and got off.

SEAN-NZ
04-05-2015, 06:25 AM
Tell them to get stuffed, there was that thing about some parking company that was fining a ridiculous amount, apparently they can't fine more than what they would lose, so as you said, you would pay $15 and tell them to shove the other $50 up their a**

Jnic0
04-05-2015, 12:54 PM
Thanks guys for the reply. Yes, I am a poor student (partially cause of the car I drive - but I can't help it). I did email them that and will update!
Living the student life hmmph