PDA

View Full Version : WTB Engine

Confused
08-05-2015, 11:09 PM
Hi all,

The head gaskets have gone on the engine that's in the Anglia - this came out of the old silver Super, so I don't think it was ever quite right, as no Supers ever seemed to be!! (And probably not just head gaskets)

Before I spend out lots of money on a gasket set - does anyone have an engine laying around? Only need the bare engine block/head, complete and un-opened, no ancillaries, turbos, manifolds etc.

Cheers!

Garry

Erni902
08-05-2015, 11:17 PM
Sad news Garry :(

Wish I could help but with a suspect head gasket failure myself the spare engine is now earmarked as a replacement for that.

Hope you source a decent one mate

Confused
08-05-2015, 11:46 PM
Better that I know now that the coolant is going into the oil than 300 miles from home on its maiden voyage!

peter thomson
09-05-2015, 10:05 AM
We have an engine if you can't find one locally

BraindG
15-05-2015, 10:14 AM
I've got an engine too if you still looking.

Confused
15-05-2015, 10:35 AM
I think I'm going for just replacing the head gaskets in the short term - but having a spare engine might not be a bad idea in the long term - what kind of price are you thinking of for just the bare engine block & heads?

I won't need stuff like injectors, plugs, coils, alternator, exhaust manifolds, turbos, etc.

BraindG
15-05-2015, 11:17 AM
I just want rid of it, not taking turbos off or anything so its the whole thing - not sure what going rate is these days but, maybe £250? or offers.

paulbonner84
15-05-2015, 11:19 PM
Garry you buy it for that an you could give me the turbos as you don't want them /haz .plus I have a company that want to look at a set to see what thay can do with them /or see what turbos thay have got to see if there is anything that might be a good upgrade but still use standard setup