PDA

View Full Version : Emanage Ultimate Wiring

dazjb
24-05-2015, 11:46 AM
Just in the process of wiring in the emanage ultimate for my FTO VR4 conversion and struggling a bit with the airflow wiring. I do not have the VR4 MAF sensor and will be using the Greddy MAP Sensor in its place. I have an IAT sensor tapped into the plenum as well.

Do I need to bother with the airflow wiring on the emanage harness or is plugging in the MAP sensor and selecting it in the software is all thats needed? I understand I then have to enter some info into the software for the 'psi against voltage' table.

Heres a pic of the harness diagram. I'm fine with the rest of the wiring other than the ones with the red dots next to them ...

I'm a bit confused :thinking: .. any help appreciated from you guys who have removed the MAF using an Emanage.

Cheers

Nick Mann
24-05-2015, 10:39 PM
The stock ecu sees a frequency from the stock maf as an airflow figure. It is a karman vortex type if I understand it correctly. I can't help you apply that to the emanage though

hbkuk1
25-05-2015, 07:26 AM
I have a load of stuff at home on my old fto but I'm in Spain for the next week I might be able to help after I get home

dazjb
25-05-2015, 07:34 PM
Hmmm, so the EMU will get a voltage in from the MAP sensor but the VR4 ECU needs to see a frequency else it will be confused ..... a bit like me!

Rich, did you do a VR4 conversion on your old FTO? I managed to wire in an Emanage Blue for the supercharged GPX engine easy enough but i'm struggling with the wiring for the VR4 MAF removal

hbkuk1
25-05-2015, 09:00 PM
No it was to the 3 plug fto ecu the pin out you have posted is fort he fto ecu not the vr4? Vr4? Is a 4 plug and my wiring was for a mapecu2 but it's the same wires your looking for

dazjb
25-05-2015, 09:46 PM
The pin out I've posted above is for the E-manage Ultimate not the 3-plug FTO ECU ;)

hbkuk1
26-05-2015, 07:29 AM
Oh that makes more sence sorry didn't look very close

hbkuk1
12-06-2015, 10:40 PM
Sorry I forgot about this post, I've not used the emanage I used a map Ecu on both cars are toy asking where to wire the kvf signal from the emanage?