PDA

View Full Version : Blitz SBC ID

Xaxasv6
29-05-2015, 11:19 AM
In my car the Blitz SBC ID is installed... so is it possible to integrate it in ecu mapping?

Are there any changes what have been done on the rom to use it?

Nick Mann
29-05-2015, 12:51 PM
I think that you should spend some time reading up on tuning. You seem to have a lot of quite basic questions where learning about the mapping you want to do would answer many of them. People don't want to answer a lot of questions one at a time on a subject where you can learn a lot just by reading a bit yourself.
Also, as tuning your car with little understanding could leave you with a seriously damaged engine, I would recommend doing a lot of reading and learning or spending some time with a tuner before you cost yourself a lot of money.

Xaxasv6
29-05-2015, 12:54 PM
Yep i'm trying to learn by reading. You dont know how much i'm reading about this. But thank you

Nick Mann
29-05-2015, 01:04 PM
Okay, cool. I don't have enough understanding to coach others on tuning but Kenneths rom can control boost directly via a solenoid. I doubt it would talk to a separate controller and I am not sure why you would want it to.

Xaxasv6
29-05-2015, 01:07 PM
i bought this car with Blitz SBC ID installed. Thats the reason why i'm asking... I want to decide if i take it or throw it away and go original / 3 port GM

Kenneth
31-05-2015, 10:36 AM
Sell it and do the 3 port GM solenoid. Standard closed loop boost control is pretty good if you set it up OK.

You need to do some research on the boost control strategy that the ECU uses though, there is plenty of documentation about it on the Evo forums. This knowledge is essential to setting up the boost control to be stable.

And the main thing to remember is that the ECU doesn't see boost, it sees load. So looking at your boost and wondering why it doesn't track is pointless, you need to be tracking load.