PDA

View Full Version : SS Exhaust

gazz
01-06-2015, 08:09 PM
Went and had a chat with the company I have chosen to fabricate my new exhaust and was very impressed with their customer service. The car is going in, in a few weeks but I just wanted to check a few things.
Firstly they are planning on using 2.75 inch tube, is this ok? The system they use is a vortex one, which will consist of a backbox, one centre box and replacing the cat with a small intermediate box.
My current system is standard with a Fujitsubo backbox and that sounds fine, they reckon with the above setup the noise wont be much louder.

Nick Mann
01-06-2015, 10:10 PM
3 boxes is usually enough to keep noise under control, but if they are small and cheap the system can still be loud. 2.75" will be fine unless you are going to upgrade the turbos and go silly on the power front.

gazz
02-06-2015, 12:02 PM
Its a Vortex 3flo system

http://www.vortexexhausttechnology.com/mufflers/WPC-index.html

giblet
05-06-2015, 09:54 PM
How much have you been quoted? My local exhaust place say they can make me a 3" decat back exhaust with my choice of silences and backbox for £399 all in. Not sure what the going rate is

ianturbo
05-06-2015, 11:16 PM
i have been to my local Powerflow exhaust place today for a price on a 3"cat to back box i have a a fijitsubo box ,and was quoted £250 with a silencer in , so 400 quid looks about right ,