PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me what model these seats would have originated from?

cwgt93
02-06-2015, 11:40 PM
As title states. Bought a pair of these and have only seen one pair for sale looking back over the years on the forum and would like to know what model they would have been fitted to. Thanks.

adaxo
02-06-2015, 11:52 PM
They been fitted to FL UK spec galant v6.

cwgt93
03-06-2015, 12:08 AM
They been fitted to FL UK spec galant v6.

Thanks mate...sorry I stole your picture haha. Are they rare?

Davezj
03-06-2015, 10:17 AM
There are not many about in vr4 but they were an option in in uk spec galants, but as they get old and die the interiors tend to dies with them.
So the are getting rare.
The best bit is they are a 4 bolt swap in option for the vr4 unlike most other seat swaps which we're never an option on the vr4.
You have mess about with mounting bracket for the seat runners as the floor in the vr4 is not flat.

I have them in my vr4.

adaxo
03-06-2015, 10:34 AM
Thanks mate...sorry I stole your picture haha. Are they rare?

If you read thread where you get picture from then you would know that I bought a whole Galant for this interior, it was rare at that time, about two years ago, and are getting really rare, especially in good condition, now.

cwgt93
03-06-2015, 11:23 AM
If you read thread where you get picture from then you would know that I bought a whole Galant for this interior, it was rare at that time, about two years ago, and are getting really rare, especially in good condition, now.

I see. Mine are in very good condition. I prefer the other style of leather seat though so maybe I could find someone to swap.

Atik
03-06-2015, 12:09 PM
I think the seats you have are the original PFL cloth seats with leather fitted over them by Mitsi. They were fitted as an option for the FL UK spec Galants.
I think HMG1K (Phil) found this out a few years ago when one of his seats was paint damaged.

Dont like the hole in the headrest though.

cwgt93
03-06-2015, 12:53 PM
No me neither I've got the normal solid headrests fitted :)

Davezj
03-06-2015, 01:08 PM
it is the black with blue speckle fabric under the leather. the JDM spec seat sit lower down in the car, the uk spec ones sit high up with more padding i think, and you get lumber support with uk spec seat, jdm does not have this.
this one of the reasons i went with the UK spec seat, lumber support, i have a dodge back and need the extra support especially on long trips.

you also get 3 lots of 3 point seat belts in the back with the uk spec seats, the JDM only have a centre lap belt. which i would not want anyone to use in the event of accident very bad design.
JDM spec rear seats i would only carry 2 people in the back, not safe to carry 3 in my opinion.

Atik
03-06-2015, 02:01 PM
you also get 3 lots of 3 point seat belts in the back with the uk spec seats, the JDM only have a centre lap belt. which i would not want anyone to use in the event of accident very bad design.
JDM spec rear seats i would only carry 2 people in the back, not safe to carry 3 in my opinion.

The main reason for me changing both my Legnum interior to UK spec only seats. I detest lapbelts from a safety point of view. Not much option for me in the Stagea as there are no other alternatives :(