PDA

View Full Version : Ever been here ?

Freddy
28-02-2005, 02:44 AM
I'm sick and tired of getting work done to my car only to find scratches on the paint work, shoddy work and grease on the drivers seat.
I went to Pit Stop New Market to get my new slotted brake rotors fitted for $500.00 as posted on this site as a deal and thought while I'm there I will get my 6" rear muffler changed to something a bit tamer looking.

To my horror I watch "with jaw dropped" as one of the workers in very dirty overalls jumps in my car with no seat cover to move it to the hoist. Result dirty seat which by the way took me 1/2 an hour to clean.

Is it normal to thrash a customers car around the block, keeping it in first gear and foot to the floor?

When I arrived to pick up my Legnum later that day, they had fitted a rear muffler alright, but different from what I had selected and not installed straight. The tail pipe was pointing way of centre towards the centre line of the car. Then on the way home I discover they still have the lock nut for the wheels. Then when I'm at home I discover major scratching on the right fender where someone obviously was leaning over it topping up brake fluid with no fender cover.

I find the majority of places you get work done on your vehicle don't give a toss about your pride and joy and these guys should be top of the list for no care taken..
They did how ever do a great job on the brakes, although I had to spend time removing grease off the wheels, another 10 minutes.

Once they fix up the rear muffler how ever I will never go there again. God I don't want to go back there.

Angry

KiwiTT
28-02-2005, 02:49 AM
Sorry to hear about this ... it woula annoy me too.

Sent a PM to the organiser of this discount, may he can talk to his collegues.

Freddy
28-02-2005, 02:52 AM
I didnt sleep a wink Friday night, still smouldering.

AllBeItMine
28-02-2005, 03:16 AM
Okay - talked to AJ.

It seems that this project went a little sour. Pitstop had a tail section that they tried to fit but unfortunately, after modifying it, it didn't sit right in the back bumper and looked kind of ugly. So they had to find a new back box and tip to fit. I'm not sure what happened with that in the end but i believe they fit something as close to your specifications as possible. Wanting something that was alot quieter and less intrusive as possible.

While waiting for rear section to turn up by courier, they did the brakes. I'm not sure where the greese came from on your wheels as they don't use greese when installing them. They use a bronze based compound on the brake bads to ensure they move freely within the calipers but that shouldn't spread throughout the rim.

The car was moved onto the hoist first thing in the morning so also not sure where the greese on the seats came from. AJ, the guy that moved the car onto the hoist wasn't even in his overalls yet. he was still wearing his shirt and jeans. The car stayed on the hoist all day as it was waiting for parts. It wasn't thrashed around the neighborhood. there wasn't even anytime to test it as you came in late that day and drove it off the hoist yourself before the guys had a chance to run in the brakes and check the pedal.

I and Pitstop feel really bad that this went sour. it was unfortunate that the box and tail section you had been shown wasn't able to be made to work in your car and that the guys had a real busy day in the workshop but still tried their best with this deal i had worked out. i think in a perfect world they would prefer to do these cheaper jobs at mates rates while they don't have a workshop full of full price paying customers.

They are very reasonable guys and if you are unhappy they will fix the problems. you just need to talk to them about it.

sorry it went pear shaped.

Freddy
28-02-2005, 03:37 AM
I paid full price for the muffler job.

Freddy
28-02-2005, 03:39 AM
Anyway, lets see if they can fix this up, I sure they are reasonable blokes.

AllBeItMine
28-02-2005, 04:02 AM
When they realised it wasn't on straight they said they would fix it for you but it was 5:20 on friday night so they asked you if you would bring it back in, which apparently you agreed to.

I think if you want to go over the finer points of your problems with this place, its probably best if you talk to Lance at pitstop directly. I am hearing two conflicting stories here and its probably best if we don't get into an argument on a public forum.

Freddy
28-02-2005, 04:54 AM
I did talk to them about it on Friday.

A) he couldnt see that it was crooked.
B) I wanted a 4" tip and got 3 3/4" and he wanted to know what the problem was.

Thats when I walked/drove out.

I could go on , but there is no point, I'm going to get my lock nut back and get someone else to fix the exhaust.

Had enough.

i3ooyah
28-02-2005, 08:30 AM
hmmmm i had my car booked in there for this wednesday

p1_
28-02-2005, 11:23 AM
:curtain: not gettin involved here - but have had similar problems with other people, when you get your car back with new additional problems/markings and less petrol in the tank with a few more (than necessary) kays on the clock. Always set trip B to zero before taking it in :curtain:

Spirit
28-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Makes my feel kind of lucky that I have a place like my local garage - they open in the evenings so I get a chance to stay there and watch exactly what happens to the car !

i3ooyah
28-02-2005, 11:03 PM
:curtain: not gettin involved here - but have had similar problems with other people, when you get your car back with new additional problems/markings and less petrol in the tank with a few more (than necessary) kays on the clock. Always set trip B to zero before taking it in :curtain:

hahah thats a good tip

ive had mechanics do a lot worst, when i had a skyline the nissan dealership put a huge scratch along my brand new front bumper & tried to cover it up, also had them 4get to put my waterpump back in which left me with a overheated motor 1/2 way home.

also had some painters leave this tar **** on my interior along with a lot of dust from sanding. the best way around this is jus to do the work yourself. which i usually do but jus havnt got time this week

matsondawson
01-03-2005, 06:23 AM
Donnies scratched every one of my alloys for a normal service using the air ratchet thing. Pissed me off, cause when I bought the alloys the people who put them on scratched one the same way, took two weeks to get it repainted. I don't blame Donnies though, I blame a shoddy Mech who obviously couldn't be bothered using protective sheaths and waiting till the ratchet spun down before pulling it out. I'm gonna have them up about it at my next service, didn't notice it till last week when I went to put on my Brembos.

I'm not knocking Donnies their customer service is A grade stuff. When I show them what they did I'm sure they'll see me right.

ShadyNZer
01-03-2005, 06:58 AM
ratsh!t aye, my bros missus got some new tyres put on her car but they scratched up her chromes so she went and complained and got some new chrome acids out of it....which were way more expensive than the cheap sh!t she had

Lurch
02-03-2005, 07:57 PM
Mobile mechanics in Wairau, Auckland. The accuse you of doing the damage even though you havent driven the car away yet. They mark alloy wheels, strip the threads so you cant get the wheels off then blame it on the alloy wheels causing too much heat. But no the threads are stripped. Had to go to pitstop to replace the studs... $2 a stud or something.
They offered to re-spay the alloy wheels stating that it was just surface damaged, never got any further with them. Dont use them, dont go near them.

AllBeItMine
02-03-2005, 09:20 PM
hahah thats a good tip

ive had mechanics do a lot worst, when i had a skyline the nissan dealership put a huge scratch along my brand new front bumper & tried to cover it up, also had them 4get to put my waterpump back in which left me with a overheated motor 1/2 way home.

also had some painters leave this tar **** on my interior along with a lot of dust from sanding. the best way around this is jus to do the work yourself. which i usually do but jus havnt got time this week

how was it man?

i3ooyah
02-03-2005, 10:49 PM
it waz great, love the new brakes

i even took in a dirty car & when i came back i had a clean one haha i hate cleaning white wheels

took some pics http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7227