PDA

View Full Version : Mapping

kennyt123
27-06-2015, 05:30 PM
Been to evo Tune about a re map says he can't do it cos there is a multi plug missing which he says he needs to flash or clone the ecu so I'm thinking wot to do next my legnum vr4 is a 97 any pointers would be appreciated Thanks in advance

TAR
27-06-2015, 09:39 PM
The diagnostic port is located under the dash on the drivers side above where your left knee would be. If its been removed you would need to reinstate it before you could do any remapping. :happy:

kennyt123
27-06-2015, 09:41 PM
There is one plug there to plug car to computer but there should be another as well for ecu to be flashed according to the guy at garage

Davezj
27-06-2015, 11:36 PM
The reflash enable plug should be right next to the black 16 pin D shaped diagnostic port, it should be white, rectangular and have about 10-12 pins this is the extra plug required only one pin is required to enable the flashing of the engine ECU.
I can't think of any good reason why this plug has been removed, it should be there.

kennyt123
28-06-2015, 12:19 AM
Guy tried to find it but couldn't said it could be an older model ecu gonna have a look at ecu to see if I can find what model etc it is

Davezj
28-06-2015, 09:23 AM
Just get you he's under the dash in the driver footwell with a torch and check for yourself. The guy might have been looking for the wrong type of connector. If he is not used to mapping VR4 and he always does evos then it could be a different type of connector.
If the connector is there then you can't miss it.
It could have dropped of its little metal bracket I suppose and be tucked up out of the way. It costs nothing to check.

swinks
28-06-2015, 11:54 AM
Oh c'mmon...
If it was Evo Tune garage, they did tens of Evo's.
Evo location of diagnostic and flashing plugs is identical. ;)

kennyt123
28-06-2015, 03:19 PM
How many wires to the white connector plug as have found 2 exposed wires coming off the same harness as the other connector I'm fearing it's been cut off