PDA

View Full Version : Rear springs/ advice ideas etc

argon
28-06-2015, 01:58 AM
Hello to all , I have two VR4's my day car a 1997 and project car a 1996.
Anyway I am turning the 96 into a ute.
I am mostly through the project, however I will be using this every day for work.
I am a builder and will be carrying a bit of weight as in with my tools that will live in the back.
After a few enquiries with suspension shops I have given up asking the "professionals" I call clowns.
I would like any advice people may have, my idea is to get the measurements of stock vr4 springs then go to a wrercking yard for 4wd and or commercial for a beefier spring to accept the extra load without changing ride height etc too much.
So long story short does anybody have any specs I can use?
Argon

alexander-a
10-08-2015, 12:58 AM
You could go for adjustable suspension so it could suit your needs. Not sure how it would cope with added weight but would probably be very uncomfortable

Nick Mann
10-08-2015, 08:27 AM
I think Tein supply springs for their coilovers at custom rates. So you could go for Tein and then buy higher rate springs for the rear?

alexander-a
10-08-2015, 12:42 PM
Also how much added weight are we talking here?

Atik
10-08-2015, 01:04 PM
Remember by cutting the majority of the back end, off you will be reducing the weight there anyway. Adding your tools/materials in the back will effectively put that weight back on, so I'm tempted to say the stock suspension will be fine? Even if you are putting 250-300kg on the back, thats only like carrying some adult passengers and luggage?

As its a work machine, you wouldnt be lowering anyway I assume?