PDA

View Full Version : People should leave well alone

kennyt123
29-06-2015, 07:35 PM
Hi all went to evo Tune on sat to get limiter removed and price for remap he couldn't do it cos the last owner has cut the white plug out and on further inspection has cut lots of other wires as well total feckin cowboy job why these people do this when they haven't got a clue what there doing boils my piss so now need to find good auto electrician to sort it all and at what it will cost the only good to come out of it was the lad managed to get the limiter off by using proper testing equipment to locate the correct wire at the ecu and car still drives ok although I don't know how with wires chopped all over the place

Pugme
30-06-2015, 07:49 AM
Lol, if the car drives and your speedo works with no warning lights, I really wouldn't worry about the cut wires bud.

Can you see any signs or marks on the dash that may indicate guages may have been fitted at some point?

If you can't find any electrical item that doesn't work, I don't see why spending good money on fixing something that isnt broke would be better than say fitting a fmic.

:-)

kennyt123
30-06-2015, 07:48 PM
Clocks have been out kmph has been changed to mph via black marker and asc doesn't seem to work no warning light or button illuminating otherwise everything else seems to work so maybe best left alone but main problem is getting it mapped with the white plug being missing

Pugme
30-06-2015, 08:21 PM
Ah no, definitely get the plug put back on but that surely will just be a few wires to solder.

What future mods do you have in mind, or what does the car have now? I have a tweaked room on my ecu which just ups the boost and fuel cut basically, so it's a generic rom that's teamed with all my supporting mods but not mapped to them if that makes sense.

Once I finally get my fpr on so the fuelling can be set to accommodate for my uprated fuel pump, I'll be getting mine down to eurospec to get the map tweaked properly to suit everything else (front mount, exhaust, air filter) to get the best out of the car.

So mapping the car now if it's completely standard may be false economy when you could achieve just as much from a boost controller.

There's a lot of knowledgeable people on here and everyone is very helpful, I'm lucky my car even still drives let alone boosts!

So others may have better opinions for you to consider :-)

kennyt123
03-08-2015, 05:37 PM
Induction kit intercooler and exhaust are first mods then hopefully a remap that's what I'm thinking just basic stuff but finding a stainless exhaust that I can just bolt on is harder than I thought lol

Davezj
03-08-2015, 09:55 PM
you dont have to put the same connector back in place, any single pin connectot that you can get a male and female connector for will do.
the reflash pin on the white connector is only held low or high for a set time and at the right moment, it is not a data pin. just an enable pin, you might want to put a connector on the next wire along as that is the auto box ecu enable for connecting to that ecu as well.

i am sure we can work out what the colours are of the wires you need to put a connector on.

Erni902
03-08-2015, 10:46 PM
Induction kit intercooler and exhaust are first mods then hopefully a remap that's what I'm thinking just basic stuff but finding a stainless exhaust that I can just bolt on is harder than I thought lol

I have a stainless exhaust that could be up for grabs if your interested, with a set of stainless downpipes too ;) currently on the purple VR-4 so you know it bolts straight on too