PDA

View Full Version : Oil pressure?

Dan_G
28-02-2005, 10:13 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows what the oil pressure should be?

fitted a Pressure gauge yesterday and wondered what readings I should be getting.

seems very low at idle once the oil is warmed up. I was expecting to see no less than about 30psi but it dropped as low as 15psi.. ! is this normal?

stonegr
28-02-2005, 11:27 AM
when engine is well warmed i get 1 bar pressure. When i am in hiway 120 km/h and almost 2700rpm i have 4 + somthing bars. On full acceleration i can see 7 bars on my gauge.

Of cource what you see on the gauge it depends from the oil you use and the weather conditions, (hot or cold).
With 10-30 you see lower pressure than 15w-40 and the oil pump will work easyer with the thinner oil But the volume is the same both oil types

Hope i help

Dan_G
28-02-2005, 11:35 AM
when engine is well warmed i get 1 bar pressure. When i am in hiway 120 km/h and almost 2700rpm i have 4 + somthing bars. On full acceleration i can see 7 bars on my gauge.

Of cource what you see on the gauge it depends from the oil you use and the weather conditions, (hot or cold).
With 10-30 you see lower pressure than 15w-40 and the oil pump will work easyer with the thinner oil But the volume is the same both oil types

Hope i help

Thank god for that.....

15psi = 1bar (ish) so we both get similar results....... /yes

I use Mobil 1 motorsport Fully synthetic Viscosity 15W-50 in case you where wondering.

cheers for the info.... :thumbsup:

Thanks

Dan