PDA

View Full Version : Trigger mauve vr4 saloon manual.

cwgt93
01-07-2015, 06:20 PM
I'm after a vr4 as most of you know! Ideally I'd like a trigger mauve vr4 saloon with manual transmission. Are any of these specific cars in existance within the club, or will one of these never come up for sale? Cheers.

Humpty's Revenge
01-07-2015, 06:22 PM
I'm after a vr4 as most of you know! Ideally I'd like a trigger mauve vr4 saloon with manual transmission. Are any of these specific cars in existance within the club, or will one of these never come up for sale? Cheers.

Is this a wanted Charlie?

cwgt93
01-07-2015, 06:52 PM
Is this a wanted Charlie?

Not necessarily, I've got a wanted post on the go already. Just wondering really if there are any about - even if they're not for sale!

adaxo
01-07-2015, 07:11 PM
You be lucky to find manual Galant.

cwgt93
01-07-2015, 08:31 PM
You be lucky to find manual Galant.

I thought as much. How much of a job would it be to change a pfl model to a fl model out of interest?

adaxo
01-07-2015, 09:15 PM
Just bolt on parts for exterior, then there's fl ecu, and again all interior parts are interchangeable in between pfl-fl of course if we talk about galant as its fairly big and expensive job to face lifted rear end on pfl legnum.

Tbh I can't remember fl manual galant for sale here, there was may 2 or 3 on ebay and other piston heads past few years.

Ah just remember now last one was foxdie one iirc

giblet
01-07-2015, 11:35 PM
If you really want a facelift manual then I would suggest importing one. That way you will get a clean car with zero rust and it will be a solid base to fettle and improve.

cwgt93
01-07-2015, 11:46 PM
If you really want a facelift manual then I would suggest importing one. That way you will get a clean car with zero rust and it will be a solid base to fettle and improve.

I think you are right. I have been looking buy they are all silver or white! I don't know how much I trust it getting here in one piece either...

Pugme
01-07-2015, 11:58 PM
Lol, all of ours made it here in one piece :-)

So I don't think that's going to be an issue.

If your that set on a mauve manual and have found silver and white ones, I'd contemplate a respray on said car and weigh that option cost wise against importing.

With basic panel repairs and full colour change (excluding bay) you would be looking circa £2500 for a good job imo so that plus a car or wait some more for an import which will be cost of car plus shipping and taxes.

giblet
01-07-2015, 11:59 PM
I think you are right. I have been looking buy they are all silver or white! I don't know how much I trust it getting here in one piece either...

There are reputable importers you could use if you don't want to go through the process yourself. You will be waiting for a long time to find a facelift manual in trigger for sale in the UK in my opinion.

Nick Mann
02-07-2015, 01:10 PM

I have seen fresh imports with more rust than cared for UK cars, so whilst your statement is a very good rule of thumb it is not gospel. ;)

Nick Mann
02-07-2015, 01:19 PM
Just as an aside, I have a manual facelift trigger mauve saloon sat in my garage at the moment. The owner is trying to get it running nicely before he decides to sell it or not. So there may be one for sale later this year!

giblet
03-07-2015, 11:26 PM
I have seen fresh imports with more rust than cared for UK cars, so whilst your statement is a very good rule of thumb it is not gospel. ;)

I stand corrected! Kinda ruins my hopes for a cheap clean rust free import.

Nick Mann
04-07-2015, 08:56 AM
Your hopes are well founded I would say, but not guaranteed.