PDA

View Full Version : Bilstein on the GLS?

avander_be
28-02-2005, 12:12 PM
Hi,

I've been inquiring the springs/shocks replacement matter localy and i have a decent quote for Eibachs at 250€ fitted but according to this supplier there's notting for my Galant in the Bilstein product line...

anyone mounted a bilstein kit ( possibly the B12) on what you guys call the 'GLS', if so please post any references you got,

TIA.

Kieran
28-02-2005, 03:03 PM
Oh yes, bilsteins are available... I'll dig out the part nos when I get home...

Spirit
28-02-2005, 10:49 PM
All I could find for the EA2W was shocks only:

BNE-6299 (front)
BNE-6342 (rear)

Kieran
28-02-2005, 10:51 PM
...Beat me to it Pete!! That's right. Bilstein supply shocks, but not springs. I chose H&R Springs for my V6, but I've not fitted them, so I can't tell you what they're like. They are highly rated on other cars though. Eibachs are also good.

Spirit
28-02-2005, 10:59 PM
...Beat me to it Pete!!

Sorry mate, thought you may have forgotten to look - and I have the catalogue on my laptop so was an easy job to check

Kieran
28-02-2005, 11:01 PM
Sorry mate, thought you may have forgotten to look - and I have the catalogue on my laptop so was an easy job to check

Nah, no worries..... I saw that someone had posted and thought '$hit! I knew I'd forgotten something!!" :embarasse :embarasse :oops:

The Vee
01-03-2005, 02:09 PM
Aye, got the same billie/eibach combo for mine. Just like one or two other members, not yet fitted!! Mine sit in the porch at the moment :rolleyes4 :embarasse
wife loves 'em /help

pezza
01-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Aye, got the same billie/eibach combo for mine. Just like one or two other members, not yet fitted!! Mine sit in the porch at the moment :rolleyes4 :embarasse
wife loves 'em /help

Make sure you fit before Castle cooooombe ...

I keep on thinking B12 kit... but that means wave goodbye to driving over speedhumpsat decent speed :rolleyes4

The Vee
01-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Make sure you fit before Castle cooooombe ...

I keep on thinking B12 kit... but that means wave goodbye to driving over speedhumpsat decent speed :rolleyes4

oh yes - wan't to do it before (sorry Pete) easter :d

avander_be
01-03-2005, 09:08 PM
many thanks to all for the responses :)

spirit > arent' these references intended for OEM replacement? I'm not sure it would be wise to fit them with the Eibach Pro's since they lower the car by -30mm, lowering springs with standard shocks is not exactly what i'm looking for... I was hoping to find some Bilstein shocks that would take this into account.

Spirit
02-03-2005, 12:08 AM
They probably are oem replacements mate, but thats all that Bilstein seem to list for your car mate

Kieran
02-03-2005, 12:12 AM
Bilstein only list this application for the EA2 and the EA5. To be honest, you can usually get away with up to ~35mm with standard shocks, provided the manufacturer is a good one. It's only when you lower more than this that the pre-load in the shock absorber assembly starts to strain the seals and cause leakage....

Big Ian
02-03-2005, 12:56 AM
something to think about.

i have my GLS saloon lowered by -40mm and when i replaced the shock's i fitted "Boge-Sport" shock's also named "SACHS" these have less travel than standard/OEM shock's,and i cant fault them. :smug:

avander_be
02-03-2005, 04:56 PM
scottish ian > my first car was a VW Scirocco and i had a complete kit ( springs & shocks) from SACHS, i was very satisfied with it, i inquired the SACHS lead already but was not aware of Boge-Sport... any references?

Nobody tried the B12 kit, any obvious reason why it won't fit?

avander_be
09-03-2005, 10:33 AM
Anybody tried Yellow Koni's, would settle for these, I read a few post in other forums ( oops) and they seem to wear out soon though...

Bal
15-03-2005, 11:33 AM
i need to get a suspension kit on my car so when you find out what's best let me know.