PDA

View Full Version : Readily available?

cwgt93
09-07-2015, 06:48 PM
In the eventuality I do get a vr4 a couple of things I'd change a couple of things straight away.

I'd be after a set of clear side indicators and headlights such as the sport model has as I much prefer the look - so are these still about or does anyone have any?

Are the fl and pfl headlights the same?

Also, I'd like some fresh vr4 badges as I'm sure the ones on the car I'd be buying would be faded etc.

Are these available anywhere? I think I've seen them on Camskill. Or does anyone have any in decent nick lying about?

Cheers.

Davezj
09-07-2015, 06:53 PM
yes
yes
yes
yes
,but new are best for that factory fresh look. but personally i prfer the debadged look.

Atik
09-07-2015, 07:12 PM
In the eventuality I do get a vr4 a couple of things I'd change a couple of things straight away.

I'd be after a set of clear side indicators and headlights such as the sport model has as I much prefer the look - so are these still about or does anyone have any?

Are the fl and pfl headlights the same?

Also, I'd like some fresh vr4 badges as I'm sure the ones on the car I'd be buying would be faded etc.

Are these available anywhere? I think I've seen them on Camskill. Or does anyone have any in decent nick lying about?

Cheers.

I have a set of headlights in the shed somewhere with the clear indicators. Let me know if you want them.

cwgt93
09-07-2015, 08:45 PM
Cool nice one guys. Yes Atik I will have them off you as soon as I get a vr4. Going to view one tomorrow. Is Camskill the cheapest place people have found then? I think the badges were 45 quid which is abit extortionate but suppose they aren't in high demand these days.

Erni902
09-07-2015, 09:03 PM
cwgt93

Gimme 5 mins I will post up a link of some clear side indicators and I have a front grille badge in red available for a small price but its slightly faded and has been touched up in the past I think. I will take a pic of it tomorrow and post up here.

cwgt93
09-07-2015, 09:14 PM
Alright cool cheers man :) the car I'm going to look at doesn't have one on the back at all by the looks...what's the best thing to attach it with without incurring paint damage do we think?

cwgt93
09-07-2015, 09:19 PM
With regards to the lights side and front...are the side ones a simple case of prising them out with a flathead? and disconnecting the front ones a simple unscrew? Just before I go poking and prodding...

Erni902
09-07-2015, 09:21 PM
cwgt93

Here you go Charlie: SIDE INDICATORS (http://www.nicedeals.co.uk/index.php?cPath=21_597_1067)

There are chrome, clear, crystal and smoked ones. I personally have smoked ones and love them.

Now the only thing I will say about these guys is that some people have ordered replacement stock items such as spoilers etc and had issues with fitment. I personally believe that this is due to them not being 'genuine' stock parts and simply copies. Personally I think anything that you buy that is not stock or genuine is not going to fit perfectly. Im in the process of deciding whether to buy some skirts and a new rear from these guys so will report back if I do. I think this mainly applies to body panels though so for the lights id say your fine.

As for adhesives I have no idea but wouldve thought that if you find an 'automobile double sided adhesive' strips etc should be fine. Again as Dave says I prefer the debadged look, I only have the one badge on the front but its silver and not red so as not to stand out too much.

cwgt93
09-07-2015, 09:25 PM
Ok nice one Rikki, appreciate that. I think pattern parts are the order of the day lately!

I want everyone to know I'm driving a vr4 haha. I even get waves and a few greets when I'm in the v6!

Erni902
09-07-2015, 09:27 PM
Side lights literally pop out, small flathead wrapped in a cloth so as not to damage the paintwork. They pop out and then you can unplug the connector and they come off.

As for headlights gimme a sec and I will post a pic to make it easier

Erni902
09-07-2015, 09:32 PM
Ok so there are 4 bolts to get the headlight units out. One on top of the lights toward the indicator side. one behind the front grille, one under the front grille and one tucked inside the wing at the end of the indicator side of the lights. On the passenger side you may need to use a 10mm socket to remove the top of the washer bottle neck to gain easier access to the bolt in the wing. If I remember correctly all the bolts are either 10mm or 12mm.

Here is a pic to best show the positions, I have circled them on the drivers side and the passenger side is the same:

cwgt93
09-07-2015, 09:43 PM
Ok so there are 4 bolts to get the headlight units out. One on top of the lights toward the indicator side. one behind the front grille, one under the front grille and one tucked inside the wing at the end of the indicator side of the lights. On the passenger side you may need to use a 10mm socket to remove the top of the washer bottle neck to gain easier access to the bolt in the wing. If I remember correctly all the bolts are either 10mm or 12mm.

Here is a pic to best show the positions, I have circled them on the drivers side and the passenger side is the same:

Awesome...love the simplicity of this car! Thanks alot.

Erni902
09-07-2015, 10:08 PM
No worries mate, yeah they are real simple cars to work on. I forgot just how easy they are to work on until I changed the brakes on the Audi, jeez what a nightmare haha.

Hope Ive been of some help and I will get a pic up of the front badge tomorrow. (you may have to tag me in a post to remind me lol)

Atik
09-07-2015, 10:21 PM
Personally, I love the looks of the JDM one piece headlights, but why did Mitsubishi use plastic? The glass on the UK cars looks much cleaner. Let me know when you are ready and i'll fish them out of the shed.

cwgt93
09-07-2015, 10:23 PM
Personally, I love the looks of the JDM one piece headlights, but why did Mitsubishi use plastic? The glass on the UK cars looks much cleaner. Let me know when you are ready and i'll fish them out of the shed.

Awesome thanks Atik, hopefully tomorrow goes well!

97legnum
10-07-2015, 04:58 AM
Actually you don't need any tools to remove the side indicators (not usually anyway) often you can slide them forward or backward until one side lifts (one of the locking tabs on the back is sprung so you are pushing into it to release the other side), often with the help of a finger nail. Best way to stick badges on is to use shoe goo, which is a contact adhesive, actually any contact adhesive will work, there is a 3m product specially made for sticking on badges but I've found it to melt new paint. You can use trim tape but you will have to spend ages with a small razor blade trimming around the letters. Not sure if that bit of info will help but hopefully it's of some use lol

Erni902
11-07-2015, 11:53 AM
cwgt93

Here is the front grille badge, like I say I think its been touched up in the past and couple of scratches. Its yours for £1 if you want it:

cwgt93
13-07-2015, 04:55 PM
cwgt93

Here is the front grille badge, like I say I think its been touched up in the past and couple of scratches. Its yours for £1 if you want it:

Pm'd you.

Confused
13-07-2015, 05:32 PM
I polished off the red on my VR-4 badges to make them chrome - they look MUCH nicer now (in my opinion), and of course, more subtle!

But, if you're going for that OEM look, then you'll want to go the other way, and ensure that they're painted a nice red.

Atik
13-07-2015, 05:35 PM
When I had my silver Legnum, I actually cleaned off the red, and stuck some delicately cut out reflective white vinyl. Gave it a very subtle look at the front which popped out in the dark when you looked at it.
I planned to do the same to the rear decals in reflective red, but never got round to fitting it. Still got the stickers somewhere in the files.

Davezj
14-07-2015, 09:41 AM
When I had the badges on my car I used reflective red tape cut to dive and shape. At night the badge really poped.
The badge is small enough so it does not look Thule a rear reflector, but it did look good.
Now the car is debadged to make it into a proper sleeper.

cwgt93
04-03-2016, 04:07 AM

Sorry to bring up an old thread, tried sending you a message but your inbox is full. Don't suppose you still have these in your shed!?

Davezj
04-03-2016, 02:16 PM
I have headlights in the shed. Davezj cwgt93

if you want some.

£60 a pair plus postage

I have JDM and UK spec glass.

send me an email address by pm and i can send some pictures, or i can upload them on here if you want.

Atik
04-03-2016, 02:29 PM
Sorry to bring up an old thread, tried sending you a message but your inbox is full. Don't suppose you still have these in your shed!?

I think I still have these.

cwgt93
04-03-2016, 02:34 PM

if you want some.

£60 a pair plus postage

send me an email address by pm and i can send some pictures, or i can upload them on here if you want.
Hi Dave, if you could send some pictures of both that would be great. Can't quite work out the difference between UK and JDM spec. I'll pm you my email now.

Thanks alot.

cwgt93
03-04-2016, 11:51 AM

if you want some.

£60 a pair plus postage

Dave,

Have replied regarding pictures for the UK spec lights and protectors? Not sure if your inbox is full or something?

Davezj
03-04-2016, 11:53 PM
hi charlie i completely forgot about this,
i have written a note to remind myself and stuck it to the fridge, i always have a brew when i get home from work. so i will see it.

Davezj
04-04-2016, 11:11 PM
pics sent via email.