PDA

View Full Version : VR4 Rear Seat Belts

sambrose
28-02-2005, 03:29 PM
new member!

i bought a Ralliart VR4 a few weeks ago and i am not disappointed.

i've moved from a 2003 scooby and although it's a very different car re weight etc... it's a great car so far and i hope longer lasting fun. i got bored with the scooby!

having not been interested in the VR4 until about a week before buying it, i was surprised how fully loaded it is and how much of a cruiser it is when not using the lead foot.

now for the question. i bought the car as it's a four door saloon and i have 3 kids so there's ample room in the back (more than the scooby). although they are not in the car alot of the time the middle seat belt is a lap belt. does anyone know if i can get a full cross over belt for the rear? are there fixing points for it?

i did seen a standard v6 galant in a dealers with a full cross over center rear seat belt.

many thanks

simon

ritch_w
28-02-2005, 04:53 PM
now for the question. i bought the car as it's a four door saloon and i have 3 kids so there's ample room in the back (more than the scooby). although they are not in the car alot of the time the middle seat belt is a lap belt. does anyone know if i can get a full cross over belt for the rear? are there fixing points for it?

i did seen a standard v6 galant in a dealers with a full cross over center rear seat belt.

many thanks

simon

i noticed this after i bought mine - i has a v6 sport before - so was disappointed from a safety point of view with the lap belt.

I reckon a three point belt could be fitted from a scrapped V6 or GLS, havent got round to looking into myself yet tho...

Nick Mann
28-02-2005, 08:13 PM
The facelift G's had three point belts in the centre, but not the VR4's. Maybe a Japanese market thing? I don't see any reason why you couldn't swipe one and add it in, though. Maybe a good look at a late model UK car to see the difference?

Anyway, welcome to the club! Get your name down for an event!!

sambrose
01-03-2005, 01:00 PM
thanks chaps.

guess it's a question of mounting points. will look into it and post the findings.

adam_shaw
01-03-2005, 01:49 PM
If memory serves the centre three point belt has the inertia real within the seat back.

I guess finding a suitable back would do it. I imagine the mounting points are the same?

A

pezza
01-03-2005, 05:02 PM
If memory serves the centre three point belt has the inertia real within the seat back.

I guess finding a suitable back would do it. I imagine the mounting points are the same?

A

Yes thats right, the the interia reel is in the seat itself. I was able to transfer my rear seats from my beloved UK v6 wagin :smitten: to the legnum without any problems at all. The bolts for the "socket" ends are correct for the middle seat etc.