PDA

View Full Version : UK group buy - 3G brakes anyone..........

Smokinmasta2
28-02-2005, 07:11 PM
All - I have been in touch with 3G brakes (Brembo) who did us a really super deal for the FTO club.
Grooved and dimpled/drilled anodised discs these work VERY well with EBC Red Stuff ceramic, good from cold and very little problems with brake dust!!!
Anyone intersted or are you sticking with what ya got???
If anyone is due some brakes etc................
This is what i got back from them today......

John,

Thank you for your email and apologies for the delay in replying. Could you confirm the diameter of the Front discs as we have 2 listings for the VR4.
Are they 275mm or 294mm?
We will be happy to give you a price upon receiving this information and will certainly consider a Group discount for club members.

Regards

Kev

So what size (294 i imagine?) are they, and how many peeps are interested ...................????

http://www.3gbrakes.co.uk/images/RS10spec.jpg
http://www.3gbrakes.co.uk/images/20Grspec.jpg
Even big brake coversions like this

http://www.3gbrakes.co.uk/images/gold_kit.jpg
Kits include

• 310mm Grooved Roters
• Gold Plated Bells
• Brackets and Fastenings
• DOT 5.1 Brake Fluid
• Mintex 1144 Pads

Smokin................

psbarham
28-02-2005, 07:55 PM
don't supose you can get a price for a set for a '98 v6 24V

bernmc
28-02-2005, 07:58 PM
Depending on price, I may be interested...

Smokinmasta2
28-02-2005, 08:18 PM
don't supose you can get a price for a set for a '98 v6 24V
If they are the same discs/size fitment

Smokin.........

I'll start a list please feel free to add names to it fellas..........

1. Smokin VR4
2. PSbarham V6?
3. Bernmc ? i think they will restrict to one type of car mind - to apply discount?

psbarham
28-02-2005, 08:22 PM
3. Bernmc ? i think they will restrict to one type of car mind - to apply discount?
that'll be for the legnum not the sheep mobile , as the lethargic oop's i mean legacy doesn't go fast enough to require brakes

Smokinmasta2
28-02-2005, 08:35 PM
If they are the same discs/size fitment

Smokin.........

I'll start a list please feel free to add names to it fellas..........

1. Smokin VR4
2. PSbarham V6?
3. Bernmc legnum VR4

List ammended, get the word about guys, if you know any others.......... could do with at least 5 for discount - think we got about 15% with group buy and a permanent 10%? but could be wrong............

Smokin...................

Nick Mann
28-02-2005, 09:14 PM
I could be interested. But how much?

ThEbIrDmAn13
28-02-2005, 10:07 PM
those are nice...too bad they wouldn't fit the USDM version... I just got a great deal on a set of 4 of these Powerslot Big Brake Kit (http://dnaracing.net/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=92)

http://dnaracing.net/catalog/images/PSPlus.jpg

Smokinmasta2
28-02-2005, 10:40 PM
Dont know yet m8 - will have more idea once ive got an idea of numbers to put to them?
I've asked them to try and match or better the deal you have at the moment!
The more numbers the better............
As with any group buys (i imagine your are no diff?) as we get nearer the deal then peeps WILL need to commit to it and not make excuses and hide from the forum for several months!!!

1. Smokin VR4
2. PSbarham V6?
3. Bernmc legnum VR4 - maybe?
4. Nick Mann - maybe?

Smokin............

Spirit
28-02-2005, 10:56 PM
Bit of a catch 22 this one Smokin...., difficult for people to commit much without at least a ball park figure of price, surely they can give you a rough price based on say 5 or 10 orders ?

All I can say is they will have to be very competitive to take over the popular existing deal we have for the National 8 grooves / DS2500 pad offer - which have proven to be excellent value for money and as yet we have had no reports of issues with these pads, unlike some stories around the Redstuff.

I wonder what a combo of these discs and the DS2500's would be like ?

Smokinmasta2
28-02-2005, 11:20 PM
AS i said, will know in the next few days hopefully - i know the one we had before was better than the one you have now!!
There ARE NO ISSUES the EBC Redstuff Ceramic - might have been with old Redstuff which were a sh*t to get warm, but bloody fantastic after.
The ceramic pads are excellent and work very well from cold.
DO NOT FADE on track days (as long as discs and fluid are up to it of course!!).

I have given a price to them slightly lower (so nobody blow the whistle please!!) than you get now, and told them to beat it if poss and quote me for 5 peeps, 10 peeps and long term.
Think it benficial to look out for differant deals with your very limited numbers on this forum (which makes group buys harder of course!!).
You might have over a hundred peeps but prolly only a handful which are regular and active on the forum - it looks that way anyway???!!
Have a few others which i have contacts for (trade contacts) which i have thrown at them, including SS dial faces, BOV's, exhausts, shiny under bonnet bits etc etc................
Just depends how interested you guys are of course......................
Carbon cold air feed anyone...................up to you of course..........
Smokin.................

Physician
28-02-2005, 11:58 PM
Ummm! All those nice pics are 4 stud and we need 5 stud ......... but maybe they do 5 stud?

Smokinmasta2
01-03-2005, 12:13 AM
:uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh2: ...................lol, always one aint there!!!!???
Of course they do...........read the thread, espec the the reply i had from them!!

Smokin.....................

Physician
01-03-2005, 12:21 AM
:uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh2: ...................lol, always one aint there!!!!???
Of course they do...........read the thread, espec the the reply i had from them!!

Smokin.....................

Sorry, I apologise but don't see any reference to studs anywhere in the posts nor their reply. (Only pics of 4 stud hence my post)

Anyway, doesn't matter as you've confirmed 5 stud is available.

Rich

bernmc
01-03-2005, 12:24 AM
Whether I can afford these will depend on how much I end up spending on the car when it arrives, and whether I go for some EVO brembos if we can sort the hub caliper mounts....

Bal
02-03-2005, 06:22 PM
what about us GLS boys !? having bumped my car i think a brake upgrade is due.

one thing i have noticed with the black diamond stuff i have - from cold - sometimes when i slam my foot down it doesnt feel like it's make contact and then i have to release and then reapply the brakes. very scary sometimes. could be air pockets in the brake fluid ... she's due for a service soon.

B

Smokinmasta2
29-03-2005, 02:28 PM
Prices are through now
10 groove 3G with Red Stuff CERAMIC retail £259

Std Club discount 10% - all the time
Discs on there own retail £208
Discs on there own (10 groove) £187 - Std club discount
Discs on there own ( groove/dimpled) £202 - Std club discount
Discs on there own (20 groove) £209 - Std club discount
Delivered..................

A further 5% (15%) off for at least 5 buyers

A total of 20% off if we have at least 10!!

The chap i spoke to said we can do differant models in the group buy - these will be somewhat cheaper still...............

Please add your name and model if interested

1. Smokinmasta VR4 - already ordered mine :( only a bit of discount

caishanvr4
29-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Me me me me me :thumbsup:

1.Smokeybacon /lol

2.Caishanvr4 :afro:

Bal
29-03-2005, 05:12 PM
sorry mate i have to repeat my original question - having had her services hte front pads need a change and unless i get the discs sorted as well i might just go for standard MITSI bits.... so

will this do well on the GLS's ??

Smokinmasta2
29-03-2005, 05:33 PM
sorry mate i have to repeat my original question - having had her services hte front pads need a change and unless i get the discs sorted as well i might just go for standard MITSI bits.... so

will this do well on the GLS's ??

Yes as far as i know - would you like to speak to the guy i spoke to today?
Are you in if yes?

Smokin................

MR.VOODOO
24-04-2005, 06:37 PM
i have an ebc account !!!!!!!!!!
so i would be happy to help in a groupe buy if i can
also
having read the thread the 3g discs seem to be the favorite
these are buy brembo ?
if so i could probbiably get an account with them as well

if not i will be in the market for a set of discs

regards ian

Smokinmasta2
24-04-2005, 08:22 PM
i have an ebc account !!!!!!!!!!
so i would be happy to help in a groupe buy if i can
also
having read the thread the 3g discs seem to be the favorite
these are buy brembo ?
if so i could probbiably get an account with them as well

if not i will be in the market for a set of discs

regards ian

Well i have mine fitted and seem to be holding up nicely!!
Yes you are right, they are by BREMBO!
If only we could get a few more interested they it may well be worth doing??
Shame there is a poor response to it.............??? Must be the unknown............??

Smokin...............