PDA

View Full Version : RPM Limit at ~4100rpm with MAP-ECU2

Confused
17-07-2015, 10:49 PM
Hi all,

Finally got the Anglia out on the road, and I'm having some fun with it (in a number of ways!)

Firstly, it's only boosting at wastegate pressure (~5psi), but it's still bloody quick! It'll be either plumbing or electrical for the wastegate solenoid.

However, the biggest issue is that in 3rd or 4th gear, there appears to be an RPM limiter at ~4100rpm. I've not got to 4000rpm in 5th yet, and it revs to the redline in 1st and 2nd.

For those who don't know, I have a 7202, flashed by Nutter John with a standard manual map, and a MAP-ECU2, in MAF Elimination mode.

Now, given that it *does* rev in 1st and 2nd, and hits the very same limit in 3rd and 4th, I don't think it's a KVF frequency issue, or an RPM limiter.

The only thing I can think of (at 10:33pm) is that it's something to do with the vehicle speed - I'm not using the standard gearbox sensor, and EvoScan shows 300kph+ when cruising at ~40mph... I'm going to disconnect the VSS in the morning :)

Anyone got any ideas I can check out?

Cheers!

Nick Mann
17-07-2015, 11:58 PM
Launch control settings can be linked to rpm limits combined with speed ranges?

Confused
18-07-2015, 06:18 AM
Hi Nick,

It was late last night, I'm not giving all the info :) I'll get some screenshots later of the MAP-ECU config if I don't sort it!

Thanks for the suggestion, the launch control is, as far as I can tell, disabled on the MAP-ECU. Firstly, none of the inputs are set for LC, secondly the RPM limit is set in the config for 3000RPM, not 4000.

The 7202 should have a standard map, it's certainly not got Kenneth's mods on it.

I'll update once I've got to the Ace Cafe in a few hours, as I'll be cutting that VSS wire into the 7202 soon.

Garry

hbkuk1
18-07-2015, 07:30 AM
Try overwriting the firmware on the map 2 I've had to do it a couple of times on mine as it seems to get confused and you have to "force firmware update" in the settings and reload your map on. Also the new beta map cal made it go bat**** crazy had to go back to the last one

Confused
18-07-2015, 09:55 AM
It was the Mitsubishi ECU limiting it, it's now revving all the way to the red line in 1-4

Nick Mann
18-07-2015, 10:13 AM
:afro: