PDA

View Full Version : Dick-head in a Golf

Owen
22-07-2003, 10:54 PM
Something terrible happened on Friday. My Mrs was driving the VR4 stopped to let out a bus not that she had a lot of choice, managed to stop and Dick-head in a golf didn't. Now we have a smashed driver side rear end. It lost all the oil out of the reservoir in the boot which i presume is something from the diff?and he pushed it so hard hes closed the back door gap. Anyway its being sorted, dont know how long it will be. Im supposed to be going on holiday to france in it in 2 weeks, and im not going in the hire car its a vectra:Cry1:

calum
22-07-2003, 11:04 PM
Sorry to hear it - it's amazing what these bodyshop places can do, though, so hopefully you'll have it back for france.

Hope your wife got witnesses - it's just taken me 15 months to sort out a claim where somebody pulled out a side road too early and clipped the back of the car. I thought it was so obviously his fault that I didn't bother with witnesses. You live and learn.

15 months later and I've given up and settled £300 out of pocket for an accident that wasn't my fault. Come to think of it, it was a golf that hit me too!

Calum

Brind
22-07-2003, 11:04 PM
Ah.. damn unlucky mate, that's the VR-4 that was for sale at Castlecroft wasn't it?

Vectras are the spawn of Satan.. I hate the things!!

The oil resevoir in the boot is the AYC.

Hope it all works out okay!!

Spirit
22-07-2003, 11:44 PM
Owen, damn thats bad luck mate - real sorry to hear that :Cry1: !

Hope all goes well and the parts are easily available, just to pre warn you though I rang up about a new piece that goes along the boot the other day INSERT INTO post VALUES (the bit with Galant written on it) and was told Mitsy UK had none in Trigger Mauve and Japan reckoned 3 months before they would have any over there :eek:

I hope as yours is white it's not as common on the VR4 and they have the bits available

Owen
26-07-2003, 11:48 PM
yes Brind its the 1 from castlecroft..... thanx very much to this site in helping me find 1.

spirit! "lets not be having any negative thoughts like that" I'll get it back very soon, before i blow this vectra up, i hope. Hopeless piece of S**T...I drive a diesel van during the week, and i thought that was slow !!! im gunna wear the walls of the tyres out first, i think... It just doesnt go round bends like the VR4....anyway thats enough sulking. I'll let you know how it goes:nervous:

Spirit
27-07-2003, 10:03 PM
Yeah - good luck mate !

Nik77
04-08-2003, 06:22 PM
Owen, I had a vectra as a hire car once.

I discovered it could do excellent front wheel burn outs if you dump the clutch at 5000rpm with the hand brake up hard.

I got me mates round to have a look, revved it too 5000 dumped the clutch.... me mates all looked at me after about 30seconds they said yeah and wheres the smoke..??

it was then bright blue / green smoke came from the bonnet i had been sitting with all them revs going straight onto the clutch plate!!!

oh I laughed it just made it back to the hire centre...

'Is the car okay?' they asked... yes its fine i replied apart from i noticed the clutch has started to slip.... not sure why...

LOL

Owen
04-08-2003, 10:09 PM
LOL Nik
My vectra has been around a building site this week which was good fun and something i havnt done in the VR4 ...I found if you put the handbrake on stick it in reverse 5000RPM full lock dump the clutch you can turn it round ever so quick and after a minute or so you get dizzy and cant see anything....but it seems Spirit was right and the Japanees postal service is about as fast as this vectra, and im not going to get the rear skirt for at least another 2 weeks.But ive managed to get an upgrade out of the hire company after a bit of trouble...They had the nerve to tell my Mrs that the vectra was the equivalent to my VR4, dont think they knew what it was, untill i blew my top. I told them it should be a group 20 insurance car like the 1 i had or a car with 280 BHP thats more like the equivalent .Spose i will have to settle for a 2.0 saab to got to france.:Cry1: