PDA

View Full Version : Speaker fuse?

bungle
22-07-2015, 10:37 PM
Hi I've blown the speakers in my car I'm now only getting a faint bass sound from the sub under the parcel shelf. Was wondering if it could be a fuse but can only see one for the stereo under the bonnet, is there any more fuses anywhere if not what will it take to fix? I presume the system is aftermarket there is 2 infinity reference and a blaupunkt sub under the parcel shelf not sure about in the doors I've never looked. Cheers

Colin Wiltshire
23-07-2015, 05:38 PM
There are fuses under the dash, on drivers side I believe, (been so long since I've looked at them, I'm struggling to remember)

Confused
23-07-2015, 07:10 PM
There are no fuses for the speakers - they are directly wired into the back of the stereo in a standard car. The only fuse for the stereo system is a 10A fuse, located in the fuse panel behind the panel above your right knee.

You might find that the speakers & subwoofer are wired up to a separate amplifier, which will be located *somewhere* within the car! (Probably under a seat, or in the boot)

It may be that this has gone kaput, which could have blown the speakers, and is now not outputting correctly. Or, the speakers may be OK, and it's just the amp at fault. Or, the stereo could be at fault, but the amp & speakers are actually OK.

Unfortunately, as it does not appear to be a standard system, it'll be a case of trying to trace back from these components, and see what's what. Taking some photos of what you find may help us to assist you further.

Nick Mann
23-07-2015, 09:29 PM
It could also be a fuse inside the stereo or amp, but as above, there is no speaker fuse in the cars fuse boxes.

bungle
24-07-2015, 09:34 AM
Ah! Must have been the fuse for the horn that I was looking at then it's the one with the picture of the musical note. And now youu mention it there is an app underneath the seat so IL check the fuse in that. Cheers again folks.

Nick Mann
24-07-2015, 08:03 PM
The musical note symbol is the fuse for the stereo. The whole stereo, not just the speakers.