PDA

View Full Version : My VR4 is poorly again

enigma
01-03-2005, 08:34 AM
On the way home from work last night (Ok, yesterday afternoon!) I was driving calmly and minding my own business (I haven't thrashed the new engine - yet!) I pulled down the A52 slip road as normal and there was a queue as normal. When I came to a stop I noticed smoke coming from my bonnet vents - bit odd I thought! I discounted it as the exhaust from the car in front though as it was pretty smoky. I continued my journey and made the 1 junction up the M1 to find another queue on the sliproad........more smoke /help :embarasse I limped the 2 miles home and popped in at the garage for them to have a look. By this time it was smoking heavily and stank of oil - transmission oil :inquisiti . A quick look under the bonnet revealed large quantities of transmission oil everywhere! After getting it up in the air the garage announced

HOLE IN OIL COOLER :rolleyes4

So a call to Mitsubishi, £275 later I have a new radiatior on the way tomorrow. Just as I had started to get ahead financially my car deals me another blow! Oh well, its only money! And after all...........its worth it! :smug:

Kieran
01-03-2005, 08:43 AM
DOH!!! :rolleyes4

Your leggle seems to be wreaking it's revenge for all the Santa Pod abuse!! :inquisiti :inquisiti

Still, a split oil cooler isn't the end of the world - What does surprise me is the cost for the rad assembly - Would it be worth ringing up and seeing what the cost is for a V6-24 Auto radiator, as the UK models both have a transmission cooler in the radiator too?

enigma
01-03-2005, 09:12 AM
Your leggle seems to be wreaking it's revenge for all the Santa Pod abuse!! :inquisiti :inquisiti

Not quite sure what you are getting at!

enigma
01-03-2005, 09:59 AM
Hoooray! I have had a result! I dont need to spend megapounds after all! Its the aftermarket oil cooler that has been ruptured so I can just bypass it and put it back to standard! Thank god for that! :smug: I know have £300 to spend on mods!!!! /yes

psbarham
01-03-2005, 10:02 AM
jammy bleeder , if that had been me it would have pumped the g/box dry and cost more than the car did to repair

Physician
01-03-2005, 10:28 AM
........... I now have £300 to spend on mods!!!! /yes

How generous of you Dave. I'm sure the moderators on this forum will appreciate your kind offer!

Nick Mann
01-03-2005, 10:41 AM
D'Oh!

And then,

Phew!!

:rolleyes4