PDA

View Full Version : One-block headlight

amoreex
29-07-2015, 08:24 AM
Hello guys!
Any1 here know anything about converting the Legnum headlights into LHD trafic?
Japan got RHD so the Headlight is wrong, it's like.. \__ but the LHD has to be __/

Is it hard to convert it? and what do I have to change?
Is there any guide or something?

Confused
29-07-2015, 10:00 AM
The internals of all 8g headlights are the same - so you will need to 1) find a set of LHD glass-fronted lights from a non-VR4, and fit them, or if you want to keep the 1-piece plastic lights, 2) find a set of LHD glass-fronted lights, and pull both of them open, and swap the reflectors from the LHD lights into the RHD lights.

There is no other option.

amoreex
29-07-2015, 05:32 PM
Ah ok!
What is the bulb type in the "one-block" ?

I got a Galant and the front lights looks like this.

And a friend of mine asked if i wanted to buy these from his Legnum!

So I want to swap the internals from a set of EU Galant front lights.

does any1 have pictures of it?

And sorry for my bad english... from sweden dudes :p

Confused
29-07-2015, 05:42 PM
H4 and H1 for both.

To swap the internals over, you will need to heat them up to soften the glue that holds the front glass/plastic parts on, and gently prise them apart.

On the glass ones, gently "flick" the metal clips off first. If I remember correctly, there aren't these clips on the plastic fronted ones.

Then, gently warm up (with a hair dryer or heat gun) all around the join between the glass/plastic front, and the black casing. Once this is nice and warm, you can begin the process of separating the two. With a large, flat item (like a large flat screwdriver, or a scraper etc), VERY gently begin to try to prise the two apart. On the plastic-fronted ones, there are small locking tabs you will need to lift as you do this. Work your way around, and eventually it will begin to separate. As you begin to separate, use something like large coins to wedge the two bits apart. The adhesive can be cut with a sharp knife as you get it far apart enough!

Then, once you have the glass/plastic fronts separated from the black plastic housings, you can simply remove the silver reflectors. Each of these are held in with 3 long bolts - simply unscrew these (do them bit-by-bit, don't fully unwind one at a time, as it makes it more difficult that way), and you can then swap them between the two housings.

Fitting it back together is the opposite - warm it up, gently push it together, and then clamp together when closed to dry.

Confused
29-07-2015, 05:43 PM
Oh yeah, to add - as this is your first time - don't try to rush getting them apart - it could quite easily take you half an hour to pull just one headlight apart.

Don't get it too hot - you can always add a little more heat to help, but if you go too hot to start with, then you will cause damage!

amoreex
29-07-2015, 06:00 PM
Awesome i will try it i guess!

The headlights I got right now is H7 for low beam and H1 for high beam.. is it same for Legnum lights?

Is it much money to pay around 110 pound for a set of legnum front lights?

MarkSanne
29-07-2015, 07:00 PM
All Galant headlights have exactly the same lamps Robin. No worries there. The only thing you need to swap over is the chrome low beam reflector, all other bits you do not need to worry about.
I have done many of these conversions. It's a fair bit of work.

One thing though: if you currently have electronic/motorized low beam adjustment, and you want to swap that over too, then prepare for a much more complicated job. I have done that around 4 times now and it will take you many hours for a complete set to convert them. I think I have posted a how-to on that somewhere... could be here or on the dutch GalantFans forum, if I don't forget I'll see if I can find the link.

110 pound for a good, clean, scratch free set is a fair price!

Found it. It's on the dutch forum. Use google translate dutch > swedish and hopefully it will be readable for you:

default RHD > LHD conversion:
http://www.galant-fans.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1953&p=25278

JDM headlights with motorized low beam levelling conversion:
http://www.galant-fans.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=62

amoreex
29-07-2015, 07:14 PM
I used to have electric adjustment but it broke and the "manuell" broke too, so bought new without electronic.

Will read you'r guide later on !
Thanks alot man! :)