PDA

View Full Version : Traction control and abs

kennyt123
30-07-2015, 12:20 PM
My traction control and abs not working no lights on dash or anything I think they have been disconnected fuses all seem ok any ideas wot else I can look at to sort this out thanks

Confused
30-07-2015, 12:40 PM
Firstly, pull the dash clocks out, and check that there are actually bulbs fitted. They may have been removed by a previous owner to mask an issue.

Then, once you have confirmed that there are bulbs, you can go from there - the first thing to do is to pull the fault codes using the "flashy dash" procedure.

Confused
30-07-2015, 12:42 PM
Not sure where you are, but we have a Rolling Road/Tuning day arranged this Saturday (1st August) just north of Nottingham - as well as the dyno stuff, it's a great opportunity to get a group of people around to help diagnose or fix issues, if you're not sure what you're doing! Also a great opportunity to ask any other questions you may think of!

Check out the details here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?74217-Potential-meet-Tuning-day-Sat-1st-August-Area-52-Nottingham)!

kennyt123
30-07-2015, 08:41 PM
Definitely not working jumped on the brakes and it just locked up no judder or tell tale signs of abs plus nothing happens when traction control button is hit

Confused
30-07-2015, 10:26 PM
OK - well, get those bulbs replaced if they're missing, then we can see what the diagnostics say. Getting the lights working is the first step - and checking that the bulbs are physically present is critical, before wasting any of your (or our) time and energy guessing at anything else!

kennyt123
31-07-2015, 09:40 AM
No probs will check em out