PDA

View Full Version : Ayc red light

cwgt93
30-07-2015, 06:37 PM
I've gotten a red ayc light on my dash. Mechanic reckons it's the pump. Is there anything else I could try to sort it out before going for a new pump?

And also with regards to ayc pumps, is there any favoured places to get one from either new or refurbished? And at what sort of cost?

Cheers,

Charlie.

Pugme
30-07-2015, 06:41 PM
Ah man, I've been all thru this saga!! Haha

First port of call will be malcs adjustable switch.

This didn't work for me and I ended up swapping to a pump I bought from here, but you will then need evoscan and a taxtrix cable to bleed the system.

Im moderately capable on driveway mechanics and managed just fine with it.

Oh and my ayc now works!!

foxdie
30-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Yep as Darren said, try the switch first, that solves it in a high number of cases. Then it's the pump.

cwgt93
30-07-2015, 07:36 PM
Ah man, I've been all thru this saga!! Haha

First port of call will be malcs adjustable switch.

This didn't work for me and I ended up swapping to a pump I bought from here, but you will then need evoscan and a taxtrix cable to bleed the system.

Im moderately capable on driveway mechanics and managed just fine with it.

Oh and my ayc now works!!

Ok cool thanks. Where abouts is the adjustable switch? Cheers.

TAR
30-07-2015, 07:53 PM
Its on the pump. There are two different types depending on the age of the car. Loads of info on here. If you need a pump second hand will be anything from £100 - £400. A new one is probably more expensive than the car:happy:

cwgt93
30-07-2015, 10:16 PM
Its on the pump. There are two different types depending on the age of the car. Loads of info on here. If you need a pump second hand will be anything from £100 - £400. A new one is probably more expensive than the car:happy:

Ok thanks, and is it a case of adjusting the switch (if so how) or trying to get a pressure reading out of it? I've tried searching and found what it looks like, mine should be a black switch I believe.

Nick Mann
31-07-2015, 12:07 AM
If you have a stock switch it is not adjustable. You need an aftermarket switch from Malc, username MPBVr4.

cwgt93
31-07-2015, 10:52 AM
If you have a stock switch it is not adjustable. You need an aftermarket switch from Malc, username MPBVr4.

Ok thanks. Think I'm going to go for a new pump. Is is a case of acquiring one from a car that's been broken for spares? Or is there someone/somewhere that refurbishes them? Cheers.

giblet
31-07-2015, 11:57 AM
Ok thanks. Think I'm going to go for a new pump. Is is a case of acquiring one from a car that's been broken for spares? Or is there someone/somewhere that refurbishes them? Cheers.

Try the switch first, seems to work for a while for most people. Might need a bit of adjustment though. As for the pumps you can buy a kit and DIY, send your pump off for a refurb or in some cases get an exchange for a working one. Prices seem to vary, http://hh-ms.com/pump-repair/ is a good starting point for prices.

MPBVr4
31-07-2015, 12:04 PM
Ok cool thanks. Where abouts is the adjustable switch? Cheers.

It's here /Wyhy if you want one. pm me with the year of the car :thumbsup:

foxdie
31-07-2015, 12:52 PM
Glad you're still around too Malc :thumbsup: