PDA

View Full Version : Induction kits

kennyt123
01-08-2015, 10:05 AM
Recently bought a blitz induction kit for my leggy vr4 been getting a few bad reviews saying that they are no good due to affects on maf sensor what are people's thoughts thanks

chris g
01-08-2015, 10:23 AM
Stick to std airbox and get different filter...

Humpty's Revenge
01-08-2015, 10:36 AM
Recently bought a blitz induction kit for my leggy vr4 been getting a few bad reviews saying that they are no good due to affects on maf sensor what are people's thoughts thanks

I've used both standard air box with uprated filter & an Apexi cone filter & never seen or found any different

Erni902
01-08-2015, 01:58 PM
I have a HKS Super Hybrid panel filter for sale ;)

wintertidenz
03-08-2015, 08:59 AM
I've used a pod for several years, however I pick ones that have straight 'fins' and have the MAF mod done. A standard air box made my car worse, not sure why.

I now run a 90 degree 4" pipe from my MAF to the battery area, and will eventually make a fibreglass box for it to sit in - it's helped some especially with temperatures of the pod (used to be super hot before).

Pugme
03-08-2015, 05:22 PM
I run a hks mushroom and over my standard airbox I can't say there's any difference, maybe a dyno would show differently but I doubt I'd care!

chris g
03-08-2015, 06:26 PM
Confusion now as I thought perceived wisdom was that std airbox with panel filter was best combination for VR-4 induction...

Nick Mann
03-08-2015, 10:45 PM
The problem with induction kits is that they can mess up the air flow through the maf which then results in over fuelling. This is not always the case but I don't know how you find out which ones are okay without lots of back to back dyno testing. Also, a length of bent tube between the filter and the maf can stabilise the air flow again for the maf to read it correctly.