PDA

View Full Version : Dash removal

Smokinmasta2
01-03-2005, 06:59 PM
Well not the whole dash - just the centre console where radio sits??
Can anyone point out where the screw removal is on this pic if poss please.
Need to fit a radio expander, so have take out stereo etc

PLEASEEEEEE HELPPPPPPPPP

Smokin....................

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/Smokinmasta/Dscn0143.jpg

psbarham
01-03-2005, 07:06 PM
pull off the trim round the gear lever then pull of the trim round stereo , it's all on clips so nice and easy

Smokinmasta2
01-03-2005, 07:19 PM
pull off the trim round the gear lever then pull of the trim round stereo , it's all on clips so nice and easy

:thumbsup: :smug: Easy for you to say !!!
Thin screwdriver to get down the edges to start it off???

Smokin................

Smokinmasta2
01-03-2005, 07:21 PM
While i think about it...........have i seen a nice shiny metal gear gate cover??
Or was i thinking about something else/seen somewhere else??

Smokin................

Nick Mann
01-03-2005, 08:02 PM
Yep. Screwdriver to start it off. There is an article in the members section which shows you the way in true Haynes Manual style!!

The shinyness is found in facelift cars with Recaros. (Maybe elsewhere, not sure.)

For example:

Big Ian
01-03-2005, 08:18 PM
Kieran has done a "TOP JOB" step by step guide to removing the center dash,it can be found in the members section.. /yes

I-S
01-03-2005, 10:20 PM
Except that the pics have gone AWOL :(

adam_shaw
01-03-2005, 10:48 PM
Facelift with Leather and also have shiny gate....

Mmmmmmm shinnnyyyyy....

A

Big Ian
01-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Except that the pics have gone AWOL :(

only 1 picture is missing,but as alway's when you read one of Kieran's "how to do's",you dont need pictures,he has a great way with word's /yes
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3293

I-S
01-03-2005, 11:26 PM
The last picture that appears is in post #4, but there are continued references to further pictures. Post #7 says "attached two images here" but neither are there, for example.

psbarham
01-03-2005, 11:40 PM
:thumbsup: :smug: Easy for you to say !!!
Thin screwdriver to get down the edges to start it off???

Smokin................
i found the easyest way was to get hold of the trim round the gear selector hole by running my fingers between the rubber and the black plastic and pull up , it saves risking scratchs from scewdrivers

Smokinmasta2
01-03-2005, 11:45 PM
only 1 picture is missing,but as alway's when you read one of Kieran's "how to do's",you dont need pictures,he has a great way with word's /yes
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3293

.............except i dont have permission to access page - still waiting for Spirit to get back to me about membership.............anyone else please???

Smokin............

Spirit
02-03-2005, 12:30 AM
.............except i dont have permission to access page - still waiting for Spirit to get back to me about membership.............anyone else please?

Have just replied to your PM, but there are loads of info regarding how to join mate - easiest one is on the drop down menu "Club VR4" at the top of the page :thumbsup:

Kieran
02-03-2005, 12:35 AM
The last picture that appears is in post #4, but there are continued references to further pictures. Post #7 says "attached two images here" but neither are there, for example.

Never fear... I found the photos on an old backup CD the other day. When I remember where the hell I left it again, I'll re-attach them...

Smokinmasta2
04-03-2005, 06:28 PM
Never fear... I found the photos on an old backup CD the other day. When I remember where the hell I left it again, I'll re-attach them...

Nice one m8 - seems to quite a lot of missing pics from loads of articles - blo*dy frustrating!!

Smokin...............