PDA

View Full Version : Clock

kennyt123
31-08-2015, 01:50 PM
How do u remove the clock on top of the dash in a legnum tia

Davezj
31-08-2015, 02:01 PM
pull it up really hard.

but when it pops out there are wires connected to it obviously, the wires are not very long, so stop pulling once to pops out, easier said than done.

Grid
31-08-2015, 03:28 PM
another top tip: make sure no minors are around when you are doing it. I always swear when I pull it out and hurt my knuckles against the windshield. /grr However that does solve the issue Dave is talking about - that limits the travel of the clock assembly and makes sure you don't yank on the wires.

Daddycool78
18-09-2015, 06:30 PM
Sorry to high jack your thread pal, thanks for the info on taking the clock out.
My issue is that my clock decides to work temperamentally, one time it comes on and the time is correct as set the time it comes on its completely different. Anyone had this issue before and is there a way to fix it or do I just need to change the clock completely.

Confused
18-09-2015, 06:49 PM
It is simply dry solder joints. A very common thing.

Remove it, and wherever a pin connects to the circuit board from the connectors, just heat it up with a soldering iron, and add a small drop of extra solder to it.

Do this for all the pins (from memory, it's about 4 pins/wires), and job done :)

Daddycool78
26-09-2015, 08:36 PM
Sorry it is a bit delayed but thanks for the advice, I'm not the best at soldering but gave it a try and found it very hard to see which one was knacker d so re done all the 4 pin connections. And so far so good it has worked perfectly since doing it about a week ago. So thanks again top bloke.