PDA

View Full Version : Help translating TEIN manual

adaxo
03-09-2015, 03:16 PM
Can anyone translate this few pages? or see them in English somewhere Nick Mann

97legnum
05-09-2015, 12:38 PM
I speak Spanish and some Mandarin so I can't help there. But a Good OCR will probably do the trick. Here's a good one http://www.i2ocr.com/free-online-japanese-ocr and another https://www.newocr.com/
Editing out the Graphs and illustrations in ms paint may help as often the OCR's get confused when there are lots of extra lines. Hopefully that helps.

Cheers Justin

Davezj
05-09-2015, 01:01 PM
here is the older style EDFC setup doc from tein first half is jap second half is english.

Sorry didn't really look at the manual you pistes up, assumed it was edfc related but it is the actual suspension adjustment. Pre loads and ride height.

Not got one of those, but I did find the USA Tein website quite good for translated manuals.

adaxo
07-09-2015, 11:29 AM
I tried ocrs and translators to English and Polish and both are not readable to me.

There's a sample of what its looks like

Saku
Times "field

It 確属 evil that over two yo ~ 丿車 high to 潰ー 丿定 the left Rye Dono丶~I To "remain Natsukaichichijo to the Sai Maja` Nkidaun to Buni
The Day monarch `Maeo Jodo months 丶 the load months 丶 Naru it is over two Yo Shi one toy stand location the reference sheet one the" 丿, L 丶 made by the various parts Dan] over Soma was "
Free standing location over two Rye Dono丶I Thoma `Bae to guide the actual vehicle de Isseki-di-two shows in Masu your L 丿 if Buni (Heine soil development vehicle
Over two Contact Naru real summer shellfish The - value) "Lai Dono丶I I will toe better one toy stand location and Reno (one ratio over two-Yo L 丿 decision.

What im really after is how pre loads work, thing is if I set them as standard following manual car sits way too low and I think if I screw out shock from bottom part of body to archive desired height then it will be only few threads keep it together, so I trying to pre load springs to raise the car a bit but don't want to overdo it and **** up my new teins.
If I understand this pictures right is show how much mm of pre load do what to springs and whole package, its just that not very clear of what's what.

Grid
07-09-2015, 04:54 PM
Adam, did you try to use the new Google Translate for Android? I had a quick shot at the first page of your doc with my phone and the results are promising, just slightly gibberish:

"FRE3 during the damping force adjustment, Fukusai to turning the click (damping force adjustment dial) at the top of the P / R is done by turning the click at the top of the P / R (damping adjustable dial) damping force of C FRE 0 click that can be adjusted in the range of 16 stage has become one stage, about 1/8 rotation (8-stage move confirmed by 1 rotation. will return to the more than 17 stages on the structure, It can cause damage becomes a place where it was stopped by rotating your right is not returned more than 17 stage 0 stage, this position will generate the highest damping force. In addition, base this position to confirm the number of stages If you no longer know it's whether you are in what stage of becomes therefore, please check back to once 0 stage. Click, high damping force and turn to the right as shown in the figure on the left is (HARD), left Turn to the damping force is lower (SOFT)."

Results vary and it's better to go paragraph by paragraph to keep the letters large for the OCR to work.

Davezj
07-09-2015, 05:02 PM
what type of teins are they?

are they super street, type flex, super wagon, etc.

adaxo

here is an english version of a tein setup manual look quite similar it is a mono flex shock type.

Nick Mann
07-09-2015, 10:13 PM
I'm not sure where I have put my manuals. I'll have a look. I can't remember what was in English though.

adaxo
08-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Adam, did you try to use the new Google Translate for Android? I had a quick shot at the first page of your doc with my phone and the results are promising, just slightly gibberish:

"FRE3 during the damping force adjustment, Fukusai to turning the click (damping force adjustment dial) at the top of the P / R is done by turning the click at the top of the P / R (damping adjustable dial) damping force of C FRE 0 click that can be adjusted in the range of 16 stage has become one stage, about 1/8 rotation (8-stage move confirmed by 1 rotation. will return to the more than 17 stages on the structure, It can cause damage becomes a place where it was stopped by rotating your right is not returned more than 17 stage 0 stage, this position will generate the highest damping force. In addition, base this position to confirm the number of stages If you no longer know it's whether you are in what stage of becomes therefore, please check back to once 0 stage. Click, high damping force and turn to the right as shown in the figure on the left is (HARD), left Turn to the damping force is lower (SOFT)."

Results vary and it's better to go paragraph by paragraph to keep the letters large for the OCR to work.

We with Davezj have a really good fun till late yesterday playing with this app and various labels in Japanese and it translate it great, we even try polish to english and it work brilliantly. Thanks for pointing this up.

Davezj
08-09-2015, 02:01 PM
The iPhone Version of this app does the translation in real time just about through the camera directly to the screen.
But only with the basic European languages. Not Japanese or Chinese.

Grid
08-09-2015, 02:11 PM
Fantastic :thumbsup: