PDA

View Full Version : Facelift bumper pole antenna

ersanalamin
22-09-2015, 02:31 AM
Does any one know how or when this bumper pole antenna work and what this item installed for. It was taken from EA7A EA7W, I thought this is an driving aid when going trough a tight corner. am I right? I dont know how this pole antenna going to work as i dont see any wiring left from the car and the cabin button to make it work. In that case i need wiring diagram and the cabin button. Thanks in advance for explanation.

Nick Mann
22-09-2015, 06:45 AM
It's a parking aid. It works like an electric radio aerial.

Davezj
22-09-2015, 01:05 PM
so you can actually see where the front bumper is past the end of the bonnet.

merc used to have them on the S class on the rear wing for the same reason but then parking sensors cam along and made them obsolete.

ersanalamin
22-09-2015, 04:06 PM
Okay, NIck and Dave, so when will this antenna going to work? is it work automatically when parking?

Davezj
22-09-2015, 04:58 PM
i don't think it is automatic deployment, but nick mann will be able to tell you definite as he has one fitted on his VR4

ersanalamin
22-09-2015, 05:50 PM
It's a parking aid. It works like an electric radio aerial.

Okay then Nick could u please guide me to get the antenna fit and work at my car?

Nick Mann
23-09-2015, 07:50 AM
It works from a button where the heated screen and tcl buttons live. It is just an electric aerial that goes up when you press the button and down when you press it again.

ersanalamin
23-09-2015, 07:59 AM
It works from a button where the heated screen and tcl buttons live. It is just an electric aerial that goes up when you press the button and down when you press it again.

Is that work for AT car only? mine is MT dont have TCL button and what is this heated screen button?

Davezj
23-09-2015, 08:11 AM
Heated screen come on cold spec cars with higher 120A alternator and heated mirrors.

I think nick means the button should be in the same area of the dash as the buttons mentioned.
The plastic panel under the mirror adjustment switches, you do have electric mirrors, lol.

ersanalamin
23-09-2015, 09:19 AM
Heated screen come on cold spec cars with higher 120A alternator and heated mirrors.

I think nick means the button should be in the same area of the dash as the buttons mentioned.
The plastic panel under the mirror adjustment switches, you do have electric mirrors, lol.

I see the plastic panel with 3 blank knob isn't it. i use it for portman turbo timer, alarm indicator and AEM WMI led indicator so no more blank knob left ha ha

Davezj
23-09-2015, 01:36 PM
From the picture in post one it looks like there are only 2 or 3 wire coming from the device, I would assume it is power, ground, if the retraction is spring loaded. Or plus possibly activation signal for up or down if retailing is not spring loaded.
The switch for it can go anywhere you like. But would suggest testing it while it is off the car so it is easy to do.

ersanalamin
23-09-2015, 02:02 PM
From the picture in post one it looks like there are only 2 or 3 wire coming from the device, I would assume it is power, ground, if the retraction is spring loaded. Or plus possibly activation signal for up or down if retailing is not spring loaded.
The switch for it can go anywhere you like. But would suggest testing it while it is off the car so it is easy to do.

yep i know dave, but googling so far, I havent found any stock antenna parking pole knob fit into galant triple panel switch except this one for lancer mirage ha ha ha. off course it wont fit into galant

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-JDM-Parking-Pole-Antenna-Mitsubishi-Lancer-Libero-Mirage-Evo-4G63T-Colt-/110986585835

Therefore i thought the pole antenna in galant activated without a certain stock button. and if there is could you please show us Mr. Mann?

Davezj
23-09-2015, 05:50 PM
yep i know dave, but googling so far, I havent found any stock antenna parking pole knob fit into galant triple panel switch except this one for lancer mirage ha ha ha. off course it wont fit into galant

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-JDM-Parking-Pole-Antenna-Mitsubishi-Lancer-Libero-Mirage-Evo-4G63T-Colt-/110986585835

Therefore i thought the pole antenna in galant activated without a certain stock button. and if there is could you please show us Mr. Mann?

from what you have said above it sounded like you already had the antenna and were just looking for the wiring option, but do i understand you correctly you are looking to buy and parking antenna

personally i dont see the point of fitting a parking antenna but it is your choice. i know some people like to fill there cars with every option available from the factory.
however if i wanted a parking aid i think i would just buy 2 sets of parking sensor one for the front and one for the back. or get a parking camera, they are not ecpensive any more, even aldi sell them.
Nick Mann show us a picture, show us a picture. (mafia voice)

Nick Mann
23-09-2015, 10:24 PM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=40837&d=1295791914

ersanalamin
24-09-2015, 08:32 AM

bha ha ha there you go, thats what galant stock antenna pole switch look like. Cant find it any where, consider you are very lucky guy Nick. Any way, where did you get it? somewhere online? maybe you can get the switch for me too.

BTW the dash is shiny, is that car yours? must be PITA to keep it clean :D, why dont you use low gloss cleaning kit. No TCL and heated screen button eh?

ersanalamin
24-09-2015, 08:38 AM
from what you have said above it sounded like you already had the antenna and were just looking for the wiring option, but do i understand you correctly you are looking to buy and parking antenna

personally i dont see the point of fitting a parking antenna but it is your choice. i know some people like to fill there cars with every option available from the factory.
however if i wanted a parking aid i think i would just buy 2 sets of parking sensor one for the front and one for the back. or get a parking camera, they are not ecpensive any more, even aldi sell them.
Nick Mann show us a picture, show us a picture. (mafia voice)

Yes Dave I need wiring and the stock pole antenna switch. I need the switch most. electronic parking aid is an option, i will get it when the time is right. I just curious how this pole antenna in galant worked since I cant find the stock pole antenna switch anywhere. there is must be a stock switch, I just dont know where it seat and what its look like.

BTW Dave, remember about Fan control xml mapping we talked about? my friend refuse to make them for me. said he has no time and source to dissambly ECU rom. All he can do only enhance available XML that proven work for the car. A dead end so far, maybe i should buy Billion FC or try your way

ersanalamin
24-09-2015, 10:36 AM

is this the one will fit as replacement switch eh nick?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M800-MITSUBISHI-SHOGUN-GLS-TD-LWB-DI-D-00-06-AERIAL-CONTROL-SWITCH-/281677435112

chris g
24-09-2015, 12:26 PM
AFAIK on Delica and other vehicles, this is a fixed 'antenna' - does not operate electronically - always in view for aid to parking.

Davezj
24-09-2015, 01:13 PM

thanks nick.

Davezj
24-09-2015, 01:17 PM
is this the one will fit as replacement switch eh nick?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M800-MITSUBISHI-SHOGUN-GLS-TD-LWB-DI-D-00-06-AERIAL-CONTROL-SWITCH-/281677435112

do you want to make it look stock factory or do you just want a switch to operate it. you have already cut up the panel to fit a Boost controller or turbo timer or something like that, any switch will do to make the antenna work, it does not have to be mitsi.

ersanalamin
24-09-2015, 02:27 PM
do you want to make it look stock factory or do you just want a switch to operate it. you have already cut up the panel to fit a Boost controller or turbo timer or something like that, any switch will do to make the antenna work, it does not have to be mitsi.

Sure i wanna make it look stock factory switch. the aftermarket switch that already occupied the switch panel will be relocated somewhere else, it would be alarm indicator and AEM WMI led indicator. dont worry i just know where to put AEM WMI led in a new place :D :D. here's current condition of my panel switch look like. note that portman simple turbo timer simply fit nicely into galant and pajero spare blank switch. I love it

Nick Mann
24-09-2015, 10:03 PM
Mine came fitted in the car from Japan. I assumed it was a factory /dealer option when new.
The photo was taken when I first got the car. It is now cleaned with a matt finish cleaner but is mostly dusty!