PDA

View Full Version : lower straight arm

Colin Wiltshire
22-09-2015, 07:41 PM
In need of a little assistance, Replacing the down pipes, I had to undo the bolts to lower the H brace. One of the bolts was on the lower straight arm, now it's moved out towards the wheel, we're struggling to get it back in.
The front is up on ramps

TAR
22-09-2015, 10:39 PM
If I understand, you need to put the bolt ba k in the straight arm to subframe? If the arm and wheel have moved out, try a ratchet strap to pull the wheel back in place. :happy:

SEAN-NZ
23-09-2015, 02:33 AM
inner end of straight arm has moved out? guessing its to tight to move in by hand? on mine i have to use force, i give the caliper a few love taps by hand to get it back in, then hammer the underside of the iner end of the arm if it has moved down, if beating on the caliper doesnt work, put a piece of wood over the studs for the wheel and beat it back in, gently, or you could put a photo up as it'll show better than your description what exactly is going on

Colin Wiltshire
23-09-2015, 02:22 PM
Yes, the inner joint had moved out, we used the ratchet strap method (maybe next time we might put this on before removing the bolt). So we have managed to get it back in.

Thank you for the help replies.

It was after we were pushing the wheel in with our feet, holding onto the chassis leg and trying to hold it, proved a bit beyond us.

Wodjno
23-09-2015, 10:17 PM
Try knocking the bolt out of the bottom of the damper fork. This should ease things off and allow you to get the inner bolt back in the lower arm.

Davezj
24-09-2015, 01:19 PM
good point glenn, that would take all the pressure off the arm and make it very easy.