PDA

View Full Version : Remove Plastic Backing of Front Seats

Erni902
26-09-2015, 05:27 PM
Backs of my front seats are quite scratched and wondering if you can either remove the plastic somehow to clean it up or have it covered in a fabric.

Also if anyone knows how to separate the back of the seat from the bottom it would be much appreciated. I have 1 bolt left to remove but cannot get to it. I want to preserve the fabric so cutting isnt and option. Its the bolt on the outside edge (opposite to the the seat belt socket) The runners/bracket disappears upp inside the fabric and I cant get to it.

Any help appreciated.

Nick Mann
26-09-2015, 10:01 PM
Yes, the back removes. It unclips and lifts from memory, but don't ask me in what order or exactly where, I can't remember. I seem to remember it was apeman69 who did most of the work.

Erni902
26-09-2015, 11:16 PM
Ok cool cheers Nick just didnt want to use brute force and ignornace and break something lol

Nick Mann
27-09-2015, 05:14 PM
Have you got some old ones to practice on? If I had to guess, I'd say that it pulls backwards at the bottom to release the pop style clips, then slides upwards to release the tabs near the top. But please don't hate me if I remembered wrong and you break something!! :D

Erni902
27-09-2015, 08:11 PM
Well I have the ones in the purple VR-4 so if no one takes them anytime soon I may just use those to practice on. Managed to get a spanner up through the side cushion and get it over the last bolt holding the stock rails on so the project Im working on at the moment a go and no rush for the backing to be replaced.