PDA

View Full Version : Fmic installed now losing performance and Avc-r instal

TREX
18-11-2015, 02:29 AM
Hi Guys,

Ive just installed a 600x300x76 intercoooler on my legnum and it seem to have more lag and feels like it has lost power significantly.
Any ideas as to why this could have happened.
Also i am about to instal an avc-r and was wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram for a facelift legnum? also what boost can i run without having the car tuned? (the car will be tuned in 2 months)

Thanks in advance.

Nick Mann
18-11-2015, 07:37 AM
It shouldn't lose power although it could feel a little more laggy. Is it possible you have a small air leak there somewhere?
There are wiring diagrams somewhere and also ecu pin out diagrams, searching should bring them up.
Turning up the boost is never something that can be guaranteed as safe but somewhere around 1 bar is where I would be. You should hit fuel cut before anything else on an untuned VR4.

Davezj
18-11-2015, 01:49 PM
i am with nick on this, car should not feel slower with a larger intercooler fitted.

check for boost leaks. Very easy to introduce without knowing it, boost leak testing is recommended.

Louis
18-11-2015, 05:17 PM
The larger cooler means the pressure has longer to build and farther to travel, But, this would not be noticible, you shouldn't notice a difference.
What it does let you do is up the boost and it keeps the air cooler so you get more power, you are in essence future proofing!.
A larger fmic won't really give more power on its own .

TREX
18-11-2015, 11:52 PM
Thanks guys,
I know that the bigger cooler isnt going to increase my power. I just didnt expect it to make the car feel sluggish off the mark.
I have pressure tested the system at 16psi and found that the bov is leaking a tiny little bit.
Is there anything in particular i should be looking for or staying away from in regards to a replacemnt?

I have found the ecu pin out and wiring diagram thanks Nick :)

Davezj
19-11-2015, 12:54 AM
Check every joint with soapy water, mainly the joints you have disturbed.
Personally I test the system to about 20psi and if it hold at 20 it will definitely be leak tight at 14.